chapter 2: To see you off

Original episode: ep.2

-3rd view-

Silence and awkwardness surrounded the group of teens. The shouting and small apologies were the only words sounding. (Y/N) frowned at Logan, as she watched him look away from her and the woman.

"Daniel are you okay?!" the brown haired female yelled distressed and heartbroken at the sight of her son, who had just gotten slapped. "M..mom.." Daniel tried to calm her down seeing as everyone was watching. 'What is she doing here?' he thought sweating with his eyes squinting forcing them to adjust.

In an instant the woman quickly turned around towards the group of boys who had previously threw a ball at Daniel. She pointed at Logan with a scornful glare, "You punk!". Logan had an empty look and simply replied with a "heh?" questioning what she would do. "Why were you hitting my Daniel?!" she roared as her teeth showed from her yells.

Her attitude seem to change in a split second once she turned back to Daniel, her voise soothing him as she took hold of his face with wide eyes. "Oh god you have a mark!" she grew paler and started yelling more, making her son grow more scared. Logan standing behind them slowly getting more and more angry and annoyed, red colored his forehead.

"Wow, what's that?" a girl tilted her head to the side, the trio from before already talking between themselves not caring to be heard by the rest. "His mom, I guess" answered the short haired female, who placed a finger on her lips as if she was thinking. The last girl giggled as she smiled wrapping her arm between the other girl's, " Geez, hehe". This caught Daniel's attention which just made his emotions towards his mother worsen with a deeper sad curve formed on his lips.

Other students slowly laughed as they also put in their small comments. "Did he call his mommy?" words went around, the laughter slowly becoming more clear.

(Y/N) looked at everyone with a look of disappointment, she hugged her arms tightly as memories were starting to form. Walking up to the duo (Y/N) spoke, "Ma'am please cal-" she stopped as an arm was placed in front of her bringing her attention to the person. Logan looked down at her and shook his head as he moved his arm away, "I'll take care of this". He then moved forward with his hands put in front of him as if it would calm the angered mom. "Ma'am, we were just playing a game" after the words left his mouth, the woman seemed to flare up more as her mouth and eyes were wide opened. Spit came out of her mouth yelling, "Game?!". Her face became a purple tone, running up to him she started banging her fragile hands against his torso.

"You call slapping someone a game? You punk!" her hits would get faster and faster, face scrunched up in anger. Logan flinched and turned around in reflex, making her now hit his back. (Y/N) frowned thinking she should go and help, but it seemed that Logan could read her thoughts as he gave her a shake of head.

Daniel looked over at Logan and then at (Y/N) seeing her frowning.

×Daniel's view×

I was a bit jealous that Logan had someone like (Y/N), who was so kind and quiet in which it contrasted Logan so much, but I'm glad she helps me so much. I started reaching for my mom, already scared of what Logan will do to me after my mom leaves. "..mom" I tried getting her attention but nothing; she kept hitting his back. Hearing some whispers, I glanced around.

"Haha" a girl that is in my class started laughing, her two friends with her. "Hmm?" one of them caught my gaze, giving me an amused look. "Shall we put this on Facebook?" the one in the right said, now I remember this were the girls watching me getting hit. I again started to sweat as a dark red blush appeared across my face.

"Let's go see the homeroom teacher!" I heard my mom's voice, 'huh?' I thought. Getting my attention back to her I grew more angry as my embarrassment took over my emotions. I took some deep breaths and lightly spoke, "mom, stop". "How could you do that to Daniel?" she forcefully turned him around and grabbed his shirt. 'Why is she doing this to me?!' I grew frustrated as I again called her, "mom-" but got cut off by her and all the laughs of the school. "What's your name?" she asked, making my hands into tight fist, taking a deep breath as the last part of me couldn't bear it any longer. I didn't notice (Y/N) walking up to them and trying to talk to my mom, helping Logan.