CHAPTER 8

New beginnings are sometimes formidable.

      Lady Latisha, was a stunning woman in her forty's. She was an image of pride. She carried herself with such grace. Her hair was a thick black and her skin glittered. Her slender  shoulders and tiny waist was a bonus.
When younger and older women ask her how she kept fit,she'd laugh and say." It's one of the advantages of being a healer."

  She was working in her little room,when she was told that Maria needed had come to see her. Latisha kept aside the herbs she was mixing and instructed that her visitor,come in.

    Maria appears by the door way,wearing a green gown,and a slightly worn out sandal.
Latisha  smiled and stood up to greet her.

"Good morning Maria, so good to see you".

Returning the gesture, Maria said.
" Good morning to you too healer. I know you may be wondering why I've come ".

   " Yes,indeed I am. Tell me, what can I help you with? ".

   " I've come to ask you of something slightly enormous ". Maria retorted.

  Latisha smiled warmly. " Do you need me to set your womb, in just the right degree? I know you may be desiring another child since Miranda has become a woman."

  Maria had laughed. "That is not why I  here,I assure you".

   Latisha smirked and continued her teasing." Well, most women are embarrassed to talk of such matters, trust me,I know. I have worked as a healer as long ad I can remember, it is a gift that I'd love to share freely ".

  Maria shook her head. "You're wrong this time Latisha. I've come to talk to you concerning my daughter. She's taken interest in herbs and would like to be a healer."

  Latisha's eyes widened a notch,before she quickly his her emotion. Smiling she placed one lean hand on Maria's shoulder.

"That's is good news,so why do you look so solemn? If she wants to be a healer,then she'd be,all she needs is practice."  
Latisha finished with a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

  Maria rolled her shoulder blade,making the hand that was secured on her shoulder, fall.
"Let's talk like women Latisha. You and I both know that she would never go far if she doesn't have a guardian."

   "That is what I fear the most."  Latisha replied slowly.

"Then you have to help her. I know your position and title is of importance to you. I promise you Miranda has no intention from taking that from you. She just wants to be able to reach out to the sick."

  As Maria spoke, Latisha turned her back on her,she contemplated. Miranda was more beautiful than she was,with just her eyes only, she could charm her way into any heart. Her hair was a different story. If she became her guardian,then she'd risk loosing everything. She was the only great healer in these lands and beyond, and  she wasn't ready to give that up.

Making her decision she turned and faced maria.
  "Bring the girl tomorrow, and tell her to find her first trial herbs in the Mangroves".

Thanks for reading!
Please remember to vote👍
And drop👇 your comments.
I appreciate you all.👏
😘