Talonflame was charged by the Flare Blitz so he was able to dodge the attacks.

"Staraptor, dodge by Double Team!! Talonflame, keep up the Flare Blitz!!", I ordered which they executed perfectly. But the repeated attacks took a small toll on Staraptor's energy and he was panting in exhaustion.

"Staraptor, fly down and take some rest! Talonflame needs you to help him! Talonflame, you're on your own for a minute!! Keep using Flare Blitz!!"

Staraptor began breathing heavily but regained his strength soon and flew above Talonflame again to protect him while Talonflame was busy scorching the field.

"Persian, use Sceptile as a trampoline to hoist yourself up and finish off Staraptor with a set of Fury Swipes!!"

Persian did as he was told and was close to Staraptor.

"Close Combat!! Do it when he's just about to attack you!!"

"WHAT?!"

While Tyson was getting over the surprise attack, Staraptor had finished clobbering Persian down and sent him flying up and was intercepted by Talonflame in his Flare Blitz and fell down knocked out.

"Persian is unable to battle! Tyson has to continue with Sceptile alone!!", the referee announced.

"Persian, return!! You did well and I'm proud of you for that!! Sceptile, use Bullet Seed to knock down Talonflame. We need him out!!"

"Corkscrew!!"

"What the heck is that??"

He didn't understand a single thing as Talonflame used Steel Wing and rotated like a motor while all the Seeds ricocheted back to Sceptile who gracefully dodged them this time.

"Staraptor, Hyperbeam!! Talonflame, Flare Blitz!!!"

Both of them came together and attacked while Sceptile had just taken his breath from dodging all those of his own attacks.

"Sceptile, stop them using Frenzy Plant!!"

Sceptile nodded his head and tapped his hands on the ground and caused lots of roots to pop up. We had trained for this situation and both of them dodged it easily and all that dodging and hitting took a massive toll on Sceptile's energy. Talonflame was no better but Staraptor had some energy left and while Talonflame managed to stun Sceptile, Staraptor gave the knock out blow.

"SCEPTILE!!!", Tyson yelled in concern.

"Tiiiiiiiiile!", Sceptile drawled.

"Sceptile is unable to battle! Staraptor and Talonflame are the winners! The match goes to Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town!!", the referee announced.

"Rap! Rap! Staraptor!!"

"Lon!! TalllonFLAME!!"

They cheered in delight as we won the battle.

"Return, Sceptile!! Ash was the better battler today. You did a magnificent job in the battle. You've made me proud my friend!!", he thanked Sceptile returning him to his Pokeball.

"Good match, Ash!! You have grown INSANELY powerful. My Persian and Sceptile have never been defeated so badly ever before. Do your best in the rest of the tournament!!", he wished ms offering his hand for a handshake which I gladly accepted.

Meanwhile, Staraptor and Talonflame were flying around the battlefield yelling their names in joy and occasionally giving wing-fives to the spectators.

"Nice birds you've got!", Tyson complemented. I just grinned in return.

"They are so alike you might mistake them for twins", I told him laughing.