Chapter Eighty-Four

Start from the beginning

    How could they even hurt such a great female like her? How could they just turn their backs on a vulnerable female who did nothing wrong?

    As my eyes take on my parents who's looking at me with determination and love. I know from their look that they will support anything I decide but they still let their concerns known. Even with my heart literally disappearing bit by bit, I still managed to feel that expanding love for them. Even if what I'm going to do from now on will cause them unimaginable pain, it has to happen.

    They have no idea what's going to come and who they're after.

    It's time to face this war that is suppose to be mine to fight. No one else has to be involved even if they're willing to stand by my side with their lives put on the line willingly.

    I won't have anyone dying more because of me. It's already earth-shattering enough that I lost Lex and our child, that Fernando had lost his son, his daughter and now his wife, that my parents have to go through such another horrid challenge where their future is going to come undone.

    I won't have that.

    My parents already suffered enough, everyone already suffered enough and it's time I put an end to this.

    "I'll be fine, Dad" I reassured him, trying hard to keep my voice cool and even through the suffocating lump that's trying to form in my throat with the emotions that want to spill out.

    My mother approached and gave me a lasting hug, tight and full of meaning. I could feel how her aura shifts with her fear and concern for me but being the strong woman she is, she composed herself. Hugging her back as fierce but not enough to hurt her, I buried my face in her neck, breathing in deeply her scent that I had missed for so many years and memorizing it.

    I could feel the heaviness in my heart as they all disappeared. The cars taking them all away as tears started to fall from my eyes.

    'This is not the end' I told myself. 'We will see each other again'

    But again, who am I denying this? This might not be the end but it also might be. As much as I wanted to bid my parents good bye more properly, longer and tighter, I might've been more ready to accept that this is the end but I'm afraid I'll break down if they haven't left sooner.

    Breathing in a staggering breath inside my lungs, I concealed the pain and longing in my heart knowing that I have something else to do with all the dark aura that's brewing our way.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

*Lucia's POV*

    "Maybe we should pick that up" I suggested cautiously as the ringing continued to blare the silent house with its annoyingly loud sound.

    Antonio ignored me, grumbling under his breath in annoyance but the damned stubborn fool won't still pick up the damned phone!

    I took a deep breath in to reign in the sprouting annoyance within as I massage my temple.