Chapter 3

Lily POV

Of freaking course. I should have known James would have made me sit with them. I rolled my eyes before siting in a corner. I wasn't going to move because, admittedly they were fun to be around, and I was also too lazy to move my trunk again.

"Why do I have to sit here?" I asked, mostly to myself.

"Oh come on Evans! I know you like us." James laughed, poking my side as he sat beside me. I shoved his hand away.

"You think you know what I think, but what if I think differently than you think I think?"I challenged. James took a few seconds to process what I said, before huffing.

"I can't compete with you. You win."

"Knew it! Haha! You owe me 5 sickles!" Sirius prodded Peter, who was stuffing his face with food.

"Fine." Peter wheezed out.

"Hey Lils, I had a question." James asked, a few minutes later. I turned from my book to look at him.

"Could I... Would you.... Well... Can you tutor me?" He chased the words out of his mouth. "Uh... You know. If you want to." He scratched the back of his neck.

I sat there for a while. At first, I had to register what was happening. James was asking me to tutor him? I couldn't believe it. He was the most prideful person I knew, so it must have taken a lot for him to admit he needed help.

Actually, that was pretty admirable. After registering that, I began to consider tutoring him. I would have to spend a lot more time with him. On top of that, I would have less free time, and I'd have to complete my own homework on time to be able to help him with his. That's only 3 drawbacks. I thought there would have been more.

On the positive side, I would be on better terms with my teachers, I could get service hours for Head requirements. I could spend more time with James, I could possibly learn more about becoming a teacher at the school as well. Not to mention the fact I would always have an excuse to get out of doing things. The librarian would have to let me stay in the library all the time, it would be perfect!

"Ok." I smiled, looking back at James. He started grinning broadly, before he did a small fist bump in the air.

"Thanks Evans! You won't regret it." He exclaimed, shaking my hand.

"Well that's a little formal, isn't it?" I asked, reaching over and hugging him. He kind of froze.

"Sorry, I just thought that you wouldn't want to-"

"Hug one of my friends? You're mistaken!" He looked surprised when I called him a friend, and I guess it surprised me too. It was true, but it was e first time I had admitted it to anyone, including myself. How could we not be friends after what he did for me last year? How could we not be friends after he helped me with my trunk? How could we not be friends?

"So we're friends now?" He turned to me, seriously. I shyly nodded my head.

"Great! That means you're friends with us too, right lils? You don't even have to answer. I already know you love us. Words can't express how much." Sirius chimed in, interrupting the moment. I rolled my eyes and flicked him on the forehead.

"Yes you dimwit, I'm friends with you too." Sirius grinned mischievously at me, and I knew one day I would regret calling him my friend.

"Are we going to make friendship bracelets now?" Asked Peter hopefully.

"Ummmm no, sorry. I don't really make those." I lied. Every girl makes them, I just didn't want one with him. Sometimes you lie to preserve someone's feelings. This is an example of that.