You can wear my *BEAT* sweatshirt

"So how was the date?" Marlene whisper-yelled. I peeked over my shoulder to see if the guys were listening. They looked engrossed in their own conversation.

"It was good." I said, smiling at my fingers. Marlene scoffed.

"Did you kiss?" She asked, brushing off her pants.

"Yup." I answered, stretching and standing.

"Tongue?" She questioned, hoisting herself up. I stood up too.

"Yup." She saluted me, and we marched back over to the couches by the fire. Surprisingly the boys were all still talking. It doesn't take that long to talk about a date? I just sat by the fire reading a book, and shivering a little in my thin coat.

"I'm going to listen to them." Marlene informed me, before slowly creeping over to their huddle. I could still sort of make out what they were saying.

"Did you guys kiss?" Sirius asked, sounding urgent.

"Yes!" James cheered, high-diving them.

"And?" Remus prodded.

"And it was amazing! Just the way she kissed me, I could tell she mean it, you know mates?" He kept going, but I stopped listening. I was smiling too wide to be able to think anymore. It was reassuring to know that he felt the same way about me, that I did about him. It was also super cute how much he was analyzing it.

I felt my eyelids drooping while I stared at the fire, shivering. I wanted to go to sleep, but I was too tired to get out of the chair. Besides, the boys were still talking.

I blinked once, slowly.

I blinked again, but it was even harder for my eyes to stay open. The noise of the common room faded as the night went on.

I was basically asleep when I felt two arms slip under me and I was lifted off of my cold chair. I tried to snuggle my jacket tighter around me, but I was still freezing.

"Are you cold Evans?" James whispered, kissing my forehead while he walked us to our dorms.

"A little." I mumbled, wrapping my arms around his neck and delighting in his warmth.

I dozed off again until I felt myself being set down in my room.

"Go ahead and put on some warm pajamas. I'll try and find you something else too." James instructed me, before leaving my room. I pulled on flannel pajama pants and a t-shirt, but I was still cold. I crawled into my bed, and tried to get warm again.

"Do you want a sweat shirt?" James asked, coming into my room and climbing on my bed. I was almost asleep at that point, so I just grabbed his arm and yanked him down next to me.

"Stay and cuddle?" I pleaded, looking up at him. He looked shocked, and a little hesitant.

"I'm not asking if I can have your children, I just want to cuddle for a bit." I snapped out, the sleepiness effecting my language.

"Oh." The surprise on his face turned to smile. "I can, if you'd like." 

"Of course I'd like. If I didn't, I wouldn't have asked you." I mumbled, holding the covers open for him to crawl into with me. My judgement flew out the door as soon as I let James walk in, so I wasn't even too shocked by my decision to ask him to stay. 

His arms wove their way around me, and he pulled me firmly against his chest. I slung one leg over his hips and snuggled my head into his warm shirt. I was planning on kicking him out after I got warm, but when he tenderly kissed my forehead, that plan was cancelled.