"He loves you to death."

Finn
He sat by Camden's bedside every day after Landyn disappeared. He was the first to realize one of Camden's rings was missing, and one of the first to volunteer to go after Landyn.

Rome forbade any of them from acting. She was convinced Landyn had things handled, but now it's been four months. No word from Landyn, and Camden's condition has worsened slowly but surely as more time has passed.

A knock sounded at the door, breaking Finn from his bleak thoughts. Alysson and Kendall walked in tentatively, hand in hand. They took their seats beside Camden's bed, not exchanging a word with Finn.

In the span of two days, they had all lost two of their best friends. One seemed to be dying, and the other had disappeared into the space time continuum.

The three of them sat in silence for about half an hour before Finn decided he'd had enough. He stood and stormed out of the room, one destination in mind.

Moments later, he entered Rome's office without knocking. She looked up, her expression nothing but exhaustion. The bags under her eyes were worse by the day and her hair had grown thin and straggly.

"I'm going after him." Finn sat in the chair across from her, his expression set and his mind made up.

"You can't do that," Rome sighed. "We can't lose another person to this catastrophe."

"I won't be lost," Finn argued. "I'm going. I have to bring Landyn back."

Rome studied Finn quietly. "You don't even know how to work it all."

"I'll figure it out."

"And if Camden dies because you take his last remaining ring?"

"He won't. The ring won't be destroyed."

Rome sighed, but her expression began to soften. Finn stood and walked back over to the door.

"I have to get my friends back." He left without waiting for Rome's reply.

Landyn
The next two weeks proved strange. I hadn't recovered any of my missing memories. As soon as I felt close to a break-through, I would grow dizzy and fall unconscious, and any memory I'd been about to remember would be gone.

Hector brought me tea every day at three o'clock, and we hung out almost 24/7. I felt he was the only person here that I actually knew. Even Serenity had become a stranger, and I still hadn't met Ferris.

It was on one of these days with Hector that a boy suddenly appeared in my room. He seemed disoriented at first, and Hector stepped in front of me as if to protect me.

"Who are you?" the boy asked after a moment. He wore a gold ring on his finger and dressed in old English attire, with green trousers and a matching tailcoat.

"I think we should be asking you that," I pointed out, standing up beside Hector. I felt very underdressed in my plain white trousers and black chest binder. Hector, on the other hand, had taken to wearing full tuxedoes, and looked quite dashing.

"What are you talking about?" the boy rolled his eyes. "It's me, Landyn. I'm Finn, one of your best friends."

"What?" I asked, dizzy. I stumbled backward and fell hard onto the bed. "How- How do you know my name?"

Hector sat beside me and took my hand in his, trying to calm me down. Finn's eyes strayed to our linked hands, his expression one of confusion. Then his eyes widened and he took a step back.

"Landyn, you-" he stopped short, trying to process everything. "You're dating this man?!"

"What?!" I shouted, a deep blush creeping into my cheeks. I pulled my hand from Hector's self-consciously and shook my head vehemently. "Of course not! He's just a good friend!"

I'm not such an idiot that I didn't see the hurt look on Hector's face, but the idea of dating him just felt so wrong. My feelings for him were purely platonic. I almost felt as though I'd never be romantically or sexually attracted to anyone, but I wasn't about to admit that.

Finn seemed extraordinarily relieved by my outburst. Hector took a step away from me, his ears turning red.

"Would you care to explain who you are?" Hector asked, his tone cold and his expression haughty.

"Landyn, you really don't recognize me?" Finn asked, ignoring Hector completely.

I hesitated, studying the boy in front of me. In all honesty, he did look familiar, but I couldn't bring anything concrete to mind. I slowly shook my head.

"I'm sorry, I don't recall," I apologized. Finn looked devastated.

"We- we're best friends."

"What? That can't be. Hector is my best friend," I argued, confusion dripping from my tone. "Aren't you?"

"You're the only friend I've ever known," Hector replied honestly.

"What? None of this makes any sense," Finn laughed disbelievingly. "This is so convoluted. Do you at least remember Quirks?"

"Quirks?"

"Yes, Quirks United. Our school, the place we've attended together as room-mates for three years!"

"You must be mistaken," I insisted. "I've lived here for as long as I can remember. I was dropped off here as a child. All my schooling has also taken place here."

"I can't believe this," Finn scoffed. "You actually believe that load of shite? You grew up in England, Landyn! Do I need to give you a fucking history lesson of your own goddamn life?!"

"I think I know my life better than the likes of you!" I was starting to grow angered.

"No, you obviously don't!" Finn shouted, also losing his temper. "You are Landyn, the sixteen-year-old trans man from England. You were raised by your mum and dad in a nice manor-house on a large plot of land. You were a noble, for Christ's sake. You really don't remember that at all?"

"No, because it didn't happen!" I yelled back, though my resolve was starting to fall. This story did feel familiar. "I grew up here, in this room, with Hector!"

"No, you didn't!" Finn rolled his eyes. "He's lying to you. You didn't grow up here. You grew up with a loving family. You attended Quirks United. You have friends and a loving family back home. We all attended your Gram's funeral just last year, and held you while you cried like a babe. You have memories that are full of love and support. You just have to bring them forward. This isn't you. You didn't even know Hector six months ago."

I took a stumbling step backward and fell onto my bed. Hector sat beside me and took my hand comfortingly.

"No, it- it's not true."

"Yes, it is," Finn insisted. "Trust me, Landyn. We've been through it all. Crazy time travelers, murderous psychopaths, oblivious boys. Hell, you came to me crying once when I was fourteen and you thirteen, just because the boy you liked didn't like you back. Of course, you were completely wrong. You've been dating him for the past three years now."

Hector's hand tightened on mine. I glanced at him and pulled my hand away, suddenly feeling as if I were betraying someone close to me.

"I have a boyfriend?"

"Of course!" Finn exclaimed. "You don't even remember him? You punched his dad for him once. You moved in with him, and you've been helping him run Quirks since he inherited it."

"I- I don't remember him at all," I stated, my voice catching. I felt a rock forming in my stomach.

"He loves you to death," Finn laughed. "Hell, he's at home dying right now because he tried to save you."

"What- what's his name?" I fiddled my fingers together and stood up nervously.

"Oh I guess I forgot to mention that. His name is Camden. Camden Elliot Saunders."