31. Interview and buying rings

Mulai dari awal

“What ever it is Matt you can tell me.” She said as she took his hand in hers. That was one of the thing he loved about his mum she was understanding.

“It’s nothing serious well it is but it’s a good serious.” His mom now didn’t know what to think “I’m going to propose to Mai.” His mother’s mouth went in to a large smile

“Oh darling I thought that this day would never come.” Matt looks at her with wonder

“What you thought that I would never get married?” he asked

“Well I was starting to wonder if you would have the courage to actually ask the girl.” She said to him and Matt just rolled his eyes.

In the next few days his mother had asked him a million questions and he had no other choice then to try and answer them all as best as he could. When he packed and was going back to London she made him promise that he would bring Mai here as soon as she says yes.

Thinking of it now sitting in the café a week later waiting for Karen and his sister to come help him pick out a perfect ring. They were late. Well Karen was late his sister called and told him she was stuck in traffic. He looked at the clock on his phone once more it was quarter past four in the afternoon but they should have met at four. Matt took a deep breath when somebody entered the cafe it was Karen.

“I know I know I’m late and sorry for that. Arthur and I had lost track of time.” She said as Matt raised his eyebrow

“Really?” he asked and the ginger said

“I’m not the one getting engaged in a few weeks so it doesn’t meter.” She looked around the cafe looking for his sister “Where is your sis?” Karen asked

“She will be late.” When he said that his phone rang and it was a text for his sister telling him she could not make it “Won’t be here. Ok looks like its just you and me.” He said and Karen smiled at that.

As they had made their way to the jewelry store Matt started thinking when was the last time he had been there. It was his mother’s birthday he remembered he bought her a nice bracelet that she now wears everywhere. He remembered how happy she was he hopped that Mai would be that happy.

When they walked in an old man in maybe his late fifties smiled at Matt and welcomed him.

“Mr. Smith its good to see you back how can I help?” he stretching his hand to Matt who took it and shook it.

“I’m looking for and engagement ring Mr. Cross.” He said and Mr. Cross then looked at Karen

“I suppose you are not to bride to be?” at that Karen laughed

“No. I’m just the woman eye in here.” She told Mr. Cross with a light smile

“Weary well follow me please.” He said and started walking in to the room that was behind the counter it was painted white and in cases all over the room were rings. Karen looked at it weary impressed.

“I think you’ll like this one. It’s one of my favorite it’s an exquisite engagement and the light pink color is really the most wanted one.” Mr. Cross said holding he ring in his fingers in glows.

“I don’t think that is really Mai she is not that big on big rocks.” Said Karen to him and Matt agreed the ring was beautiful but it was not Mai

“How about this Belle Époque antique emerald and diamond European tiara ring it would be a unique and highly unusual engagement ring.” Mr. Cross said but Matt saw that the ring is not what he is looking for but left to Karen to decided.

“No. Can tell you something about this girl?” she asked Mr. Cross and he nodded “She likes classical but unique at the same time. Do you have something like that.” Karen asked

“I think I have just the thing. Wait here.” Mr. Cross said as he ran to the next room. He come out with a little blue box in his hand “This ring was going to be for one bride but things got in the way and the wedding was canceled. Its costume made and its classical as well as unique.” Mr. Cross said as he opened the box.

The ring was really beautiful. The square white sapphire that sat on top of the crown was nicely polished to shine and the ring was made of yellow golden. Little diamonds that circled the big one made the finishing touches as well as the little bows on each side of the ring. The ring was shaped so that by looking at it you thought that it was two ring not one.

“I think that’s it. What do you think Karen?” he looked at the ginger who nodded

“I think she is going to love it.” Karen said

Matt was hoping she would. Now all he had to do was wait for the perfect occasion.

He is proposing. I’ll post the picture for you to see I love the ring Matt chose. So the next chapter will be up soon maybe even tonight if I’m not to lazy. I love you all comment and vote tell me what you think.