Explanation-edited

(Y/n pov)

It's been almost four days since I've been at school. My best friend would come to my place after school though, so she could give me assignments from those days.

Jimin non-stop bombarded my phone with calls and messages. But I kept deleting and ignoring all of them.

My mom asked why I wouldn't go to school and I said that I was on my period. I didn't want to tell her about fake love drama. My mom didn't ask any further questions and said to call her if I needed anything.

Now today was the first Friday of the new month, and Jimin had lost the bet. But I still wondered why he got the thousand, especially for the nacklace.

My brain dumped all thoughts about Jimin to the back and focused on catching up with school assignments.

~Next Monday~

My breakdown about my birthday eventually calmed down and I finally picked myself up to go to school.

When I met up with my best friend, I decided to finally end things. "I think I should go talk to Jimin one last time."

My best friend's head jerked to my direction and a sunshine smile lit up her face. "You're gonna forgive him?!"

"No, no! I just wanna have a final conversation."

Her facial expression slowly faded and was disappointed in your answer.

It was now after school and I asked the guys if they could bring Jimin back to the music room for a private conversation. They were wary but agreed.

I walked through the hallway and made my way towards the music room. When I was in front of the door my hand paused because of laughing on the other side.

"I'll call you later when I'm done Okay."

"Okay. Bye, I love you."

"I love you too."

My heart felt like it crashed and burned into a million pieces.

I opened the door and saw Jimin putting his phone back into his pocket. "Hi, sorry to bother but can we talk one last time?"

His eyes lowered when he heard 'one last time'. "Sure. What did you want to say?"

I closed the door and leaned against it while calming myself down and gathering up courage. "I wanted to apologize about my birthday and not letting you explain your story."

I bowed down 90 degrees and said 'I'm very sorry'. When you lifted yourself back up Jimin was just sitting there with a shocked expression.

"That's all I wanted to say." I turned around and opened the door, then the last thing I said before leaving was, "congratulations on your new girlfriend." My voice was trembling but I left without looking back.

(Jimin's pov)

When y/n walked out of that door, my cracked heart shattered into a million more pieces.

She heard me on the phone. It wasn't my girlfriend, technically, but a 'friend' to help me take my mind off things.

But I couldn't just tell her that.

FUCK!

Why am I so bad at trying to love y/n?! I want her back so bad, but my timing was too wrong. I want her like a dehydrated person in the desert.

I miss her. I miss her smile. I miss her heart eyes. I miss her adorable laugh. I miss her warmth with mine. I miss knowing she loved me back. Now, she probably wishes she never met me.

I was too gone. I fell too far deep and ended up not breaking a bone, but breaking mine and her heart. I was about to give up, but my love for y/n was telling me to try one more time.

~Tuesday~

I didn't tell the guys what I was planning but I hoped it will work. I waited the whole school day until the last bell rang.

I exited my last class like a bullet to go towards y/n's last class. I got the information from her best friend who said she was rooting for us to get back together.

When y/n slung her bag over her shoulder and walked out into the hallway, I grabbed her hand and pulled her to the music room.

She kept protesting and trying to escape my grasp but I didn't want to let go. When we arrived at the music room, I pulled her in and trapped her between me and the wall next to the door.

"Y/n..." I began.

She placed her index finger over my lips and looked at me like a terrified but angry puppy. She had her guard up for sure.

"Whatever you say, it's not going to change anything." She said.

"I know. That's why I'm not going to say anything, and neither are you." Then I pulled her hand away from my lips so that mine could connect with hers.

She gasped and tried to refuse, but then she relaxed into my touch and began kissing back. Her hands gripped on my biceps as my hands wrapped around her lower back.

I missed this, and she missed this too. There was no doubt about it. I wish this moment could never end.

One of my hands lifted and cupped her cheek and I pulled away. Our heated breaths were trembling and uneven. Y/n slowly opened her eyes which were disappointed about the kiss ending.

"Let me explain everything now." My voice dropping an octave and serious to her ears.

Our eyes never left contact and she nodded her head for me to continue.

"At first I accepted the dare because of the money, and I didn't really know you much that this whole situation would end up hurting you. But as time had passed I began falling really in love with you, honestly. I still don't know how you ended up knowing about the dare but, I wanted the dare to stop or stay quiet because when I found out I loved you, I didn't want to end up hurting you like this."

I wrapped my arms around her bringing her into a hug and pleaded, "Please y/n I love you so much that it hurts even me to see you like this. I know my decisions were the stupidest shit, but if it wasn't for that then I wouldn't have fallen so deep in love with you right now."

I pulled back to see y/n's cheeks soaked with tears. I didn't know what to say. I tried wiping the tears away with my thumbs but they wouldn't stop pouring.

"Jimin," her voice wavering, "Please say you'll take me back. I can't take it anymore either."

Her answer felt like boulders were being lifted off my shoulders and my heart being put back together. I pulled her into the biggest hug, I lifted her off the ground and spun her like in those romance movies.

When her feet were placed back on the ground I connected our lips and she kissed me back.

A makeout session later, we walked to the record store and spent time catching up on the couch in the main area. The toughest part was telling her about the girl on the phone the other day.

Y/n's face was beet red when I answered but I promised and in front of her, called the girl and ended things. I even deleted the girl's number from my phone.

Y/n hit the back of my head but I accepted it, I even thought I should've deserved more than just a light smack on the head.

We stayed on the couch listening to music and cuddling for the rest of the time. And all I could think was 'I got my love back'.