1

I remember the way I felt when I first looked into her eyes. It wasn't as if the world around me disappeared. It was as if looking at her brought me into a whole new one in which only we could be taken there. 

Her eyes are brown, but I've always seen so much more than the shade of them. I've seen her emotions being shown in them, even if she hides them with her actions. I always looked into them for as long as I could, for I was trying to see into her damaged mind. I wanted to be there for her the way she was for me.

As I stared, and she blushed, I wondered what went through her brain. I wondered if she was thinking about the bad things she'd endured in her short span of life so far. I wondered if I ever ran through her head the way she swam in mine-peacefully with no fears or boundaries. 

She's so damn beautiful. Everything about her is beautiful. Her heart is full of her. She's so compassionate. She's there for people she loves-even those who don't deserve her-when something goes wrong. She's a stubborn hard head, but that's one of the things I love most about her. I think it's amazing that someone can be so indecisive, yet when she does make up her mind, she sticks to it. She doesn't let anybody get in her way, no matter the consequences. She sticks to what she believes in. She doesn't recognize it, but she's strong minded. She perseveres in something if it has even the smallest bit of worth to her.

Her eyes may hold her soul, but her smile always has and always will be my favorite thing about her. I know I've said it many times before, but I truly mean it when I say so. She's someone who's been used. People have taken her into their hands and thrown her back and forth until she's wallowing in nothingness. She lives in a dirty world full or danger and criminals. When she smiles, it's one of the very few times she's really happy. It's what makes it so special because she deserves to have the wonderful feeling of happiness after everything she's done. I recognize when she gives a fake smile because if you look very closely, you can see the color of her eyes become a lighter shade.

They brighten and become smaller as her lips curve. It makes me feel warm and full inside to see her like that.

That's another thing I love about her: her lips. The taste of her that my mouth memorizes but always wants a refresher. The feeling of her lips on mine that sends my skin tingling.

And oh god, I love to lay down with her. Her in my arms, or me in her's. It's my favorite way of spending time with her no doubt. It always makes me feel safe and at home. It's comforting and warms my whole body. 

Only she could ever make me want to open up and share my past and my thoughts with anyone. She doesn't even have to ask me to. All she does is pull me into her arms and kiss my head. It's our way of showing rather than telling each other that we're safe with each other. That everything will be okay. That nothing can happen to us.

Nothing can separate us because we're invincible...