The Hidden

"My name is Ao. I am a dragon of the sky. What is your name?" The dragon spoke.

"Yuki."

"Yuki.... Are you prepared to fight alongside us, guardians, against those who disturb the peace?" Ao questioned.

"Fight? Who are we fighting? And why me?"

"It seems you have not yet discovered the incoming darkness. Look around. The atmosphere would never be able to break the ice so quickly. Yet it is happening in front of your eyes. Did you not once wonder to yourself why?" Ao immediately had my attention.

"The reason that my parents really died! Yes, I want to know!" I shouted out.

"The answer is simple. A powerful creature of the under world arrived and is breaking the ice from the below. We call them Youma." Ao revealed." And you have the choice to face him head on, as the a guardian's mage. My Mage."

"If it means I can revenge my parents and protect my friends, then I will go with you. Tell me what to do." I agreed with determination and hatred in my eyes.

"I see.... then let there be no more relay. The ritual has already began from the moment you set hands on my talisman.....Now, hold it up to the sky, the very necklace born from the sky dragon's power! For it is the one that connected us, waking me from my long slumber." Ao commanded with a roar.

I looked at the necklace in my hand that almost costed my life to obtain. Thinking back on it, why did I even went to such degrees to grab it? I have no idea. But now, I'm glad I did.

Taking in a long breath, I calm my shaking heart. And lifted the necklace up as high as my hands can stretch!

"One chosen by the winds,
Fate has led you to us.
We are guardians,
Protecting the people in secret.

But the time has come.
For the hidden ones to stand tall,
Alongside all who wishes to fight
Against the ones who bring disaster!

The choice is yours

Would you fight as the mage of Ao
The dragon of the sky?
Together we shall destroy many evils
And fight as one.
The path won't be easy
For many dangers are sure to come.

Will you accept this fate as yours,
And live the rest of your life
As a guardian's mage
The Mage of the dragon in the North!"
Ao chanted loudly, her eyes glowed dark blue and a gust of cold wind started circling me.

"Yes I will. And I'll never stop until I wipe out all of them from the face of this world!" I vowed as loudly as I can remember my parents' death.

Instantly, the gust of wind around me flew up and rushed into the blue stone on the necklace, leaving a white mark the shape of a sun like figure on the blue stone on the necklace. Simultaneously, a similar mark but blue appeared on my shoulder.

"What is this?" I asked rubbing my shoulder.

"It's the mark of the guardians. A proof that you're a mage. But this is only the beginning. I know you're confused, but don't worry. I will show you what to do and you will get used to it soon enough." Ao smiled as if something she was waiting for for centuries has finally arrived.

I guess this marks the beginning of my new life then...