Chapter 7: Ghost girl and Miki

Veronica watched as Alice laughed along with Ray. She couldn't help but consider Alice's true colors.

Ray noticed Veronica staring and gave her a dirty look, causing Veronica to look away.

Alice smiled brightly. "Hey, Ray, wanna go take a stroll outside?" She asked sweetly. Ray shrugged. "I'm kinda tired and my legs hurt from training."

Alice's eyes glowed for a second before Ray suddenly nodded. "Sure. I mean, the fresh air is good for me."

Veronica's jaw dropped as she watched the two skip outside. "That's it." She muttered, standing up.

"Cole?" Veronica called, walking up to Cole's room. Cole popped his head out and looked at Veronica. "Yeah V?" He asked.

"I can't take it anymore. I just saw Alice do something to Ray! I think she's controlling his mind!" Veronica said frantically.

Cole walked out of his room and stared at the ceiling. "So it's true then. We were just going off of a hunch, but now our suspicions have been confirmed."

Veronica nodded and frowned. "We have to do something." Cole looked at her before smiling. "Let's go tell Gabriel. Maybe he'll know what to do!"

Veronica hesitated for a moment. "What if he reacts like Ray?" She asked, her eyes full of worry. Cole tapped his chin before shaking his head. "He's a guardian angel though. He won't be affected by another's lie."

"He already is...." Veronica mumbled to herself. She sighed with fear before nodding. "I'll try..." She assured while walking towards the house.

Cole stared at her before smiling. "It'll be alright. I promise." Cole comforted.
Veronica smiled at him as she ran towards the house where Alice was.

Veronica walked into the house and looked around, checking for any sign of Alice. "So, you already found out." She heard a voice behind her say.

Veronica jumped and stared back at Alice. "Stay away from everyone here." Veronica orders, gathering the small amount of courage she had.

Alice smirked as her eyes turned dark red. "Such fools. To be tricked by such an easy spell." Alice continued, knowing she was irritating Veronica. Veronica clenched her fists and glared at Alice.

"Stop it." She muttered. But Alice continued. "It'd be such a shame if the spell were to completely dissolve the boy." Alice added before a punch was sent to her face. Veronica stood over the fallen Alice and glared. "I told you to stop." She muttered, grabbing a hold of her staff.

Alice's eyes grew wide as she saw the staff. "Th-that won't hurt me." She said, masking her fear. "The master will just bring us back to life."

Veronica stared at her with hatred before shaking her head. "I was never going to kill you." She said, her eyes growing soft. Alice smirked evilly before Veronica stabbed her straight through the heart. "But I will send you back to your master, and breaking the spell you put on Ray."

Alice screamed in pain before her body turned to ashes and flew off towards the wind. Veronica ran to Ray's room and smiled when she saw Ray stand up.
"W-what happened?" He asked.

Veronica sighed and turned her head. "Gabe?" She called. Gabriel walked towards her and smiled. "Yes?"

Veronica stared at him and tilted her head. "Where's Alice?" She tested. Gabriel gave her a confused look which made Veronica smile.

She knew that it would be much harder to kill Alice. Just sending her back was enough for now. And since the rest lost their memories of the girl, everything would be fine. For now.

---

"Master, it seems Miki has returned." One demon servant said, gesturing towards Miki. "Ah Miki. What was it like being an angel named Alice?" He asked. Miki's eyes darkened. "Not good, I'm afraid." She said, her eyes lowered.

"It seems a ghost girl has found me out, and was the one that sent me back and ruined my entire procedure." She added.

The master stared at her with bewilderment. "A ghost girl?" He asked. Miki nodded. "I don't know a ghost girl." He mumbled, scratching his chin.

"Veronica." She added, staring up. The master's eyes widened. "She's not an angel?" He asked. Miki shook her head.

"Then why do I sense a big amount of magic in her?"