Chapter 15: Ghost girl and the Bad boy

Cole P.O.V

I watched as my mother fell to her knees, crying. It was the anniversary of my father's death and my mom always cried.

I was sad myself, but I kept it on. I put a hand on my mothers shoulder and she calmed down a little. My father was a brave man who worked in the military. Unfortunately, his brace heart also lead to his death.

I remember small things about him. Like his smile, his voice, and his eyes. His bright eyes that I genetically earned made me feel proud of my genes.

But my happiness only lasted so long. I held the umbrella over my mothers head as the rain gently fell over us.

I helped my other up and gestured my brother to take her back to the car. I felt tears blur my vision as I remembered my fathers last words.

I was bawling like a baby. But then I saw something in the corner of my eyes. I looked over and saw Veronica. She was a pretty girl that Jack introduced.

She was kind, considerate and always smiled. She was my kind of ideal girl.

I walked over to her and put my hand on her head, as if I was patting it. She turned around and smiled at me.

"Hey Cole! What are you doing here?" She asked. I smiled and shrugged. "Here for my dad."

I watched her expression change. "I'm so sorry Cole." She said looking down.

I narrowed my eyes at the grave she was looking at. "Who are you here for?" I asked.

Veronica smile. "My parents."
I felt sympathy rush into my head. "Sorry...." I said pathetically. I knew what that felt like.

Veronica just shrugged it off. "It's pretty sad remembering them, you know?"

I nodded, knowing the feeling all too well. "So, uh, how's it going at Ray's?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

Veronica smiled. "His mom and sister is really nice. And it's certainly cozy."

I smiled and nodded. "Glad your having fun." I said happily. Veronica nodded and laughed. "You wouldn't believe how big their house is! And their pool!"

I laughed wholeheartedly and gestured for her to follow me.

"Ummm Cole, where are we going?" She asked. I ignored her question as I brought her to my car.

"Here I'll give you a ride home." I said with a wink. She smiled and got in. "Thanks."

It was a comfortable silence on our way home. My mom and brother in the backseat and Veronica in the front. I came over to Ray's house and waved.

"See you later!" I yelled out. Veronica turned and smiled. But little did I know  the Veronica I saw that day, would never be the same.