Book 2: Preview

Veronica looked up at the sky. She dreamt of many strange things and she couldn't believe what she had seen.

Horrors haunted her mind. But every time a dream ended, a butterfly would randomly show up. It's wings were huge and it was beautiful colors. But I'm Veronica's eyes, the innocent creature looked devious.

Veronica felt a touch on her arm and smiled at her guardian angel. Gabriel. He smiled and held her hand. The two stared off as they felt tiredness overcome them.

"By the way.... Jack's here." Gabriel mumbled. Veronica gasped in surprise and smiled widely. It had been so long since she saw him.

She grabbed Gabriel's hand and she ran towards the house. "JACK!!!!" She yelled. The boy turned around and smiled, his arms wide open.

"Veronica."

Veronica felt tears well up. The last time she saw him, they had killed a demon together.

"So how are your.... powers....."Jack asked with an awkward grin. Veronica laughed and nodded. "My.... power.... are fine, but how about yours?"

Jack shrugged. "It's pretty weird having a weapon pop out at random times, but beside that, it's all cool. And no weird demons are popping out of nowhere." He said.

Veronica looked down. She brought the boys in and she felt guilt. So incredibly guilty.

"But ya know Veronica..... I came here to visit you, but I must warn you. Joseph contacted me. He said the crystals are collapsing one by one."

Veronica's eyes widened in horror. "And when that happens..... that usually mean..... something's coming."