Going Home

No one's P.O.V.

    The team let out a collective cry as Robin fell to the ground, red staining his chest.
"No, not again, not again!" Wally muttered, kneeling next to his best friend. He leaned his head down, desperate to hear breathing. The young hero felt like jumping for joy when a faint breath could be detected from Robin.

"Wally... is he-" M'gann started over the mind link.

"He's alive. Barely." The team all felt like cheering. The news seemed to add a new vigor to their attacks against the assassins. Quickly, they began to fall back, retreating into the tree line. Artemis let out a scream of frustration as they got away, disappearing into the woods.

"Artemis, focus on the task at hand." Aqualad's calm voice ordered. "We need to get Robin medical attention."

"Yeah..... yeah, let's go. M'gann, can you bring the bioship over here? We need a quick evac." Miss Martian nodded, concentrating on her ship.
"Guys, he's pretty bad." Kid Flash's voice was concerned. And he had every right to be. Conner winced as he heard the rasping, wet sound that came with each of Robin's breaths.

"What's going on here?" The team all stared in shock as Batman, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Superman, even Catwomam began to appear.

"What is half the League doing here?" Artemis hissed. Wally glanced down at her leg, where the blood flow had slowed to a minimum. Superboy leaned towards Kid Flash.

"More importantly, why is Catwoman of all people here?" The speedster just shrugged the clones question off.

"Long story. I'll tell you later." Batman walked up to where the group was huddled. Glaring at each of them in turn.

"What. is. going. on. here?" He repeated his question. The team turned away, allowing Robin's body to be visible to the man. "Dick?" His voice was nearly inaudible. He collapsed to his knees next to the boy, eyes wide in shock under his cowl. Catwoman, having heard the name escape from the Batman's lips, gasped, running over to him.

"Oh, what have they done to you?" She whispered. A knot formed in her throats as she saw the wound in his chest. "He's injured. We need to get him out of here, now."

"You're right." Batman carefully picked up the boy in his arms, a feeling of fear rising in him as he realized just how serious the injury was. "Hold on, Dick. Please." The other Leaguers that had come marveled, both at the boy and his father. Miss Martian's bioship appeared, landing quietly. Batman walked onto it, followed closely by Catwoman. As the ship took off, Batman felt a small sense of joy breaking through his worry.

His son was coming home.

Wassup y'all? So, I must say, that sadly, this story is coming to a close. Don't worry! I still have a few more chapters to go. Well, I've got to say, I've enjoyed writing this fanfic! I hope you've liked it as much as I have!