Chapter 13

"Let's take them over , then" he said making me grin at him. They ran down the slope as I followed sliding down the slope getting to the beach before them.

"You may go no  further" Aragorn said loudly, "you will not enter Gondor." He continued making the pirates laugh.

"Who are you to deny us passage?" A man asked assuming he is the captain.

"Legolas, fire a warning shot past the speaker's ear." Aragorn said.

Legolas pulled an arrow out intending to do as asked but Gimli moved the bow a little thus killing the pirate behind the speaker. I turned to meet Aragorn's eyes who looked really amused. I smiled at him before sneaking a look at Legolas who had a look of disbelieve on his face.

"Ooh! That's it yeah we warned you. Prepare to be boarded" Gimli said and the pirates laughed.

"Boarded? By you and what army?" A man shouted and I shook my head.

"This army" Aragorn whispered and the army of the dead charged forward taking down the pirates.

"Let's get on the ships." I said with a grin and the three nodded.

The dead sailed the ship to Gondor reaching the port keeping down.  "Late as usual, pirate scum! There's knife-work here needs doing. Come on, you sea rats! Get off your ships!" An orc shouted obviously the leader.

Aragorn jumped out followed by Legolas, Gimli and I in that order. Aragorn walked forward his sword held out with us following suit weapons ready.

"There's plenty for both of us. May the best Dwarf win." Gimli said charging. The army of the dead joined slaughtering Orcs right and left. Running them down and heading towards the battle ground.

I wiped my sword off the blood of my sword before putting it back into the hilt. Legolas and  Gimli walked over to were I was arguing about something about a winner. The battle was over but the price for it with the blood of many.

The army of the dead stood in front of Aragorn. I walked over to him placing a hand to his shoulder. He turned toward me smiling before turning to look at them.

"Release us." The king said.

"Bad idea. Very handy in a tight spot, these lads , despite the fact they're dead." Gimli whispered and I turned around glaring at him silencing him instantly.

"You gave us your word." The king said.

"I hold your oath fulfilled. Go. Be at peace." Aragorn said and the army disappeared with smiles on their faces.

"You are going to be the greatest king, Aragorn" I said and he smiled.

"Let's go to your kingdom, Aragorn." Gandalf said leading them into Minas Tirith.

We gathered in the Hall looking at Gandalf waiting for him to say anything.

"Frodo has passed beyond my sight. The darkness is deepening." Gandalf said.

"If Sauron had the ring we would know it." Aragorn said.

"It is only a matter if time. He has suffered a defeat, yes , but behind the walls of Mordor our enemy is regrouping." Gandalf said.

"Let him stay there. Let him rot! Why should we care?" Gimli asked.

"Because 10,000 Orcs now stand between Frodo and Mount Doom. I've sent him to his death." Gandalf said.

"No. There is still hope for Frodo. He needs time and safe passage acriss the plains of Gorgoroth. We can give him that." Aragorn said.

"How?" Gimli asked.

"Draw out Sauron's armies. Empty his lands. Then we gather our full strength and march on the Black Gate." Aragorn said making Gimli cough.

"We cannot achieve victory through the strength of arms." Eomer said.

"Not for ourselves. But we can give Frodo his chance if we keep Sauron's Eye fixed upon us. Keep him blind to all else that moves." Aragorn said.

"A diversion." Legolas said.

"Sauron will suspect a trap. He will not take the bait." Gandalf said.

"Aragorn's right. The eye will concentrate on a strong target, one that Sauron sees as a direct threat. He will ignore anything else other than that." I said looking up at them. Remembering how I made it out of there. They sacrificed themselves for me. My parents had to go all out to distract the Orcs and the Eye. I don't want Frodo to go through with that, the fear of being caught and killed.

"Certainty of death small chance of success what are we waiting for?" Gimli asked.