52

"You taste like smoke"

Parker rubbed the back of his neck, staring down to at Sloane "Yeah," He cleared his throat "sorry about that"

Sloane cupped Parker's cheek, laughing softly at his shy apology "It's fine, I don't mind. I understand, it's just... Not that nice" She stood on her tiptoes, pressing her lips against his cheek.

As he thought about it, the first time he ever smoked, the words that man spoke when throwing him the packet of cigarettes, he realised that he understood now.

She was all he needed to feel so calm and so alive at the same time.

And he promised himself to throw those cigarettes away.

"Parker? Hello?"

Parker blinked his way back into the real world, shaking his head as he chuckled "Yeah, hi, sorry"

Sloane wrapped her arms around his neck, brushing her fingers through his hair "What were you thinking of?" She asked playfully, raising an eyebrow "Were you thinking of Vincent?"

Parker faked a gag, resting his hands on her waist "God no"

"I bet he's a good kisser" Sloane teased, grinning up to him, still fiddling with his hair.

Parker shook his head in disagreement "He isn't"

She raised an eyebrow challengingly, a slight smirk on her lips "And you'd know this first hand?"

Parker sighed, deciding not to argue at this point. She would have found out regardless with her persistence "Yup"

Sloane gasped, slapping his shoulder in shock "Woah, what? Details, babe! Was he your first kiss?" She asked excitedly, ready for the gossip.

Parker rubbed his shoulder lightly, pretending that it wasn't her slap that he felt. He shook his head, cringing at the memories "No. Fucking no, ew. It was a dare"

Sloane smiled, her tongue between her teeth as she poked him teasingly "You secretly wanted to do it"

Parker laughed sarcastically, leading down to her nose to place a soft kiss "Yeah, no. This girl he liked at the time dared him, saying that if he did, she'd kiss him afterwards. I learned this after I punched him in the dick"

She feigned a gasp "Shit, an attack kiss"

He grinned, brushing hair behind her ear and kissing her forehead "The only attack kiss I'd accept is from you"

Even though her heart was melting and her knees went weak at statements such as these, she pretended that she would only cringe and replied in sarcastic sounding comments "Cute"

He poked her cheek once again "Stop calling me cute. People are gonna think I'm going soft"

She grinned "But you are cute," She stood on her tiptoes, pressing her forehead against his "I really like cute"

"Do you now? I couldn't tell" He whispered, a small smirk tracing his lips.

She laughed softly, pressing her lips against his "Shush you" She mumbled.