51

Sloane slipped her hand out of Parker's gentle grip, fishing through her bag to find her keys.

The two had been together for the past week, slowly sharing their worlds with each other.

They hadn't spoke as much of the tough things, the things they regretted, but they knew that whenever the needed, they would be able to take that step.

"This is my house" Sloane unlocked the door, opening it for Parker to step in.

Before he could say a word, the boy was startled by the sound of a string barks echoing though the empty house.

With his heart racing a mile a minute, he remembered the conversation they had about her puppy, the same puppy that was causing the scampering and scratching noises as it ran across the wooden floor boards.

James barked upon seeing his owner, and the mysterious boy next to her.

Sloane bent down immediately, letting the dog jump into her arms.

Parker smiled at the sight of the girl and James, laughing softly as she gave the dog an affectionate pat.

"Good boy!" She cooed "Do you want to meet Parker?" She smiled, her tongue between her teeth "He's cute, isn't he?"

Parker leant down, brushing his fingers through James's soft fur "He is"

"I was talking about you" Sloane admitted confidently, catching Parker off guard.

He laughed softly as the girl clicked her fingers, walking into the house with the dog trailing behind her.

Sloane rolled her eyes at Parker's unmoving form, taking his hand and pulling him inside, shutting the door behind her.

"Would you like something to drink, babe?" The girl offered, leading him into her kitchen.

Parker chuckled softly, running a hand through his hair "Are you talking to me or the dog this time?"

"You, again. You're the only one I call babe"

He pulled her closer by the belt loops of her jeans, resting his forehead against hers as her hands lifted up to his neck, fiddling with the ends of his hair.

"That's pretty cute," He whispered, brushing his lips against hers for a second "But then again, you are pretty cute"

Sloane cringed "That was so cheesy"

"Are you lactose intolerant?"

The girl furrowed her eyebrows, confused at his sudden question "No?"

"Then we're all good" He grinned, taking her hands and bringing them up to his lips, placing a soft kiss against her knuckles.

His eyes brushed over her skin, noticing the black ink on the bone of her wrist.

"You got the moon" He whispered, his thumb grazing over the tattoo.

"Yeah. It's not as cool as your tattoos, though"

Parker flexed his arm, showing off his most visible tattoo "You like it?"

"I'd like it even more if I knew what it was" Sloane admitted, meeting his eyes after having stared at his bicep long enough.