VIII

He analyzed me with a weird expression on his face. Is he really thinking about having dinner with me?

"So what do you say?" I ask nervously.

Why am I nervous? It's just dinner with a guy, no big deal.

"Sure." He smiled.

"Okay, just let me put these papers in place and we can leave." I say.

I put the papers on top of my desk adding a sticky note on top asking Joanna to make copies first thing in the morning. I put my blazer on and grabbed my briefcase before we walked out.

In no time we were on my car and I politely opened his door which made him blush, I walked to the drivers side and started the car.

"Any suggestions? I was thinking on this French restaurant my friend Niall, the one who hit you with the door recommended me." He laughs.

"That sounds good but..." He said.

"But what?" I ask.

He looked at his lap embarrassed.

"That sounds very expensive, and plus I'm not wearing appropriate clothes for that place." He whispered.

"It's fine, we can go somewhere else if you'd like." I tell him.

"I'm dying for a good Wendy's burger." He says.

I laughed loudly making him bite his lip in embarrassment.

"To Wendy's it is." I say with a smile on my face.

He is going to be my cheapest date, but at the same time a date that eats a lot I can tell. Wait! This is not a date. (a/n: Are you calling Harry fat?!!! grrr)

"You got awfully quiet right now, what's on your mind?" He asks.

I keep my eyes on the road but I can feel his green eyes penetrating my soul. "Work." I lied.

"I feel like you think to much about work." He pouts.

"I do, because it's the most important thing." I say.

"No it's not." He disagrees.

"Why not?" I asked him.

"Because there are things in life that are more important." He said.

"Like what?" I asked feeling curious.

"A lot of things, that I don't even know where to start!" He said sounding rather excited.

"We're here, how about we order and then you tell me about it." I smiled at him as I parked the car.

I jumped out and walked to his side to open the door for him but saw that he was already out.

"I was going to open it for you." I whine.

"Zayn, I have two working hands and can do it myself." He laughed.

"All right, but dinner is on me," He was about to protest but I added. "And I'm not taking a no as an answer."

"All right, you win." He laughed lightly making me smile.

We made it inside and luckily there's not a lot of people, I suspect it's because it's rather late.

We order two Baconators, two large fries, and two large sodas. While I'm waiting for our food Harry is finding a table for us, once the food is delivered I carry it to the table and place the food on it and sit in front of Harry.

I take my blazer off as Harry grabbed his fries and brought them to his lips. I bite my lip and repeated his actions.

"Look at us, we're quite funny to look at." He laughed.

"Why?" I question him.

"Well because you're wearing your business suit and I'm wearing overalls with paint on them, quite odd." He explained.

"I guess." I shrug.

We began eating our burgers and I laughed as I saw ketchup on Harry's nose.

"What?" He asked making a weird face.

"You have ketchup on your nose." I managed to say.

He cleaned his nose with a napkin with a blush on his cheeks.

'So cute.' I thought.

"I'm such a mess, this is the second we eat together and it's the second time it happens." He says with a little smile.

I laughed as I remembered the first time this happened.

"So tell me about the important things in life." I say changing the subject.

"Well where do I start?" He asked himself. "Family and friends should be more important than work, especially emotions or moments that are special and relevant to who we are as people."

"So for you, it's more important having friends than work." I asked.

"Absolutely, work gives you money but friendship gives you love support and laughter." He said.

I couldn't help but admire how his eyes glistened as he spoke. I was surprised with him, it's like every time he speaks he amazes me even more.

"I love my job so I don't see it like that, sure it pays me little money but it gives me so much more." He tells me. "What about your job?"

"Well work is busy, stressful, and boring." I say.

"Does it make you happy?" He asks.

"Yes, I'm a workaholic or so I've been told." I admit. "Even if it's stressful, I love my job."

"Then it's a good job." He smiles.

"Tell me more about your job." I say.

"It's not very interesting, but I have this little classroom at the Community center. On Mondays and Wednesdays mornings I give classes to adults and older people, and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I teach little kids." He explained.

"What college did you study at?" I asked.

"I went to Columbia University, worst time ever, but I met my best friend Rei there so it was cool. She works with me at the community center, she is amazing at drawing."

I don't know why but I felt something running through my veins at the mention of this Rei girl. I hope he doesn't have a girlfriend if he's here with me, that wouldn't be nice.

"So you and Rei are dating?" I ask.

Surprisingly, he begins laughing very loudly. I look at him with furrowed brows as he wipes the tears from laughing to hard.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"That you thought me and Rei are dating." He laughs. "I will never date Rei, she is an amazing girl but she's not my type."

"Why so?" I asked.

"Well she's not my type, plus she's engaged to her girlfriend of 8 years." He says.

God I felt so pathetic now.

"Why did you ask? Was Mr. CEO jealous?" He teases.

"No it's that it wouldn't be okay to be here with you if you had a girlfriend." I admitted.

"Fair enough." He smiled.

"So you mentioned that college was the worst experience of your life, mind to elaborate?" I asked

"Oh yeah that." He bites his lip and looks down.

*******

I'm hungry for some Wendy's Baconator :P

Bye.