Introduction

Disclaimer: I don't own IT or anything related to IT. Any characters you don't recognize are of my own creation. This is just a fanfiction. The POV will mainly be the main character, Jane's. However I might switch between Jane, Richie and no ones POV. Jane is a singer, so I am having her sing already made songs but I do not own them either (after the song I'll put in the song title and author, gotta give credit). I might change the lyrics every once in a while too. Also, TRIGGER WARNINGS! This is a very angsty book and there will be: language, gore, sexual talk (chill it's just Richie) and almost rapism (no one is actually raped, but it almost happens). And violence, holy cow violence. Oh and abusive parents. But on the bright side, this is kind of an OC x Richie. That's all, enjoy my homies.

No POV

Derry, Maine, June 1989. 1:30 pm.
Jane Ripsom walked the halls, leaving her awful math class with a smile on her face. It was the last day of school, and she planned to make it a good one. But first, she needed to find her best friend, Beverly Marsh. The first place she looked was the bathroom since Beverly often skipped classes to smoke in there, despite the fact that Jane never approved of it.

*flashback*

"Smoking is bad and could ruin your lungs Bevvie! Then you'd be stuck in the hospital and I'd be stuck without a best friend! I CANNOT survive school without my girl." She lectured as Beverly took a deep breath from the cigarette and smiled. "Oh come on Jane, I'm sure you'd live on without me. And besides, isn't Richie your best friend?"
Jane blushed deeply. "He's one of them, yes."

*flashback over*

Jane smiled fondly at the memory, and turned into the bathroom.
"Bev?" She called as she walked in.

"There! At least you smell better now."

Jane groaned inwardly. That was the unmistakable voice of Gretta, one of the school bullies. Gretta appeared in front of her with a few of her goons.
"Hello Ripsom. Looking for your friend? She's over there, hiding like the little coward she is." Gretta laughed. Jane sighed.
"Gretta, for once could you be pleasant instead of mean? I can assure you it'd get you more friends, and by the way, ugly is not a good color on you. How come you wear it like it's going out of style?"
Jane asked.
Gretta sneered.
"Well at least I have style Ripsom. And at least I don't need stilts for shoes." She said, pushing past Jane and making her trip and fall. Jane sighed and stood with difficulty, looking at the 4" wedges strapped to her ankles. She would have gone barefoot, but her stepmother had a strict outfit choice for her. Her stepmother wanted her to be a housewife, so the minute Jane's father got married to the awful woman she began teaching her how to catch a mans eye. Originally the plan was for Jane to start dating immediately, but her first boyfriend did not turn out the way her mother wanted.

*flashback*

"Darling, wear something nice tonight. Sheriff Bowers and his son are coming over for dinner. You know, his son is only a few years older than you. I'm sure he'll be enchanted by you if you do exactly as I tell you." Her stepmother said as she poked her head into Jane's room. Jane sighed.
"Mom! I'm only eleven! I don't think I'm ready for a boyfriend." She said, fiddling with her shaking hands. Her stepmother gave an angry frown and walked over slowly to the shaking girl.
"Don't use that tone with me young lady. You know not to call me that. I am not your mom, or your mommy. I am your mother. Your mommy died a year ago, remember? And for Pete's sake stop shaking like that, you know what happens when you disobey me." Her stepmother pulled out a sharp knife, Jane began shaking even harder.
"I'm sorry mother, p-please don't punish me."
"I hate it you know, punishing you. But if I don't you'll never learn. Shaking is a sign darling. A sign of weakness. Of fear. What are our rules darling?" Her stepmother asked, gently pushing the hair out of Jane's face with the knife. Jane gulped and steadied herself.
"Don't shake, stutter or show fear of any kind. Especially through crying." Jane recited.
"Good. I won't punish you this time since our guests will be here soon, but remember your lesson for next time. Now, put on that pretty green dress and fix your hair and makeup. Once your presentable, although with your mommy's looks you're never TRULY presentable, you may come downstairs or help your sister get ready. Can I count on you to obey?"
Jane nodded. "Yes mother."
Her stepmother smiled.
"Good!"