22

I woke up to Josh trying to dress me hurriedly. "What're you doin?" I mumbled. "Your parents just got back." He said. "Oh shit." I mumbled getting up to finish getting dressed.

We headed downstairs after, my family just walking through the door. My mom gave me a hug while my siblings ran off. My dad was outside still, grabbing bags from the trunk.

I looked at the ground. I'm still kinda mad at my dad. The only reason he did send me home is because I wouldn't stop yelling at him.

"You okay?" Josh asked, he doesn't know about the fight. He just thinks my dad understood why I was upset and sent me home. I shrugged. I looked up to see my dad freeze.

"Tyler?" He asked. Tears welled in my eyes before I turned and bolted up the stairs. My dad dropped the bags and ran after me, leaving Josh standing confused in the porch.

My siblings seen my crying as I came up the stairs and Immediately ran into their rooms, they knew something would go down when they got back.

I went into my room, slamming  the door behind me. Before it could shut my dad stopped it with his hand though and followed me in.

"Tyler listen to me." He said. I shook my head, not looking at him. "Tyler." He said. "no." I croaked. He walked over and hugged me. At first I tried to push him away but after struggling for a moment I just dropped my arms and cried into his shoulder.

"Shh, shhhh, its alright." He whispered. Josh came into the room, still confused. "Josh." I croaked, reaching out for him. My dad let go, letting Josh hug me.

Josh sat down on the edge of my bed, kissing the side of my head and whispering sweet nothings in my ear. "Ready to listen to me now Tyler?" My dad asked. "No fuck you." I sniffled.

"Tyler I had to go to that meeting, I haven't gone to one in almost a month. I could've lost my job." He said. "I don't care!" I yelled. "What can I do to make you understand? What can I do to make this better? What do you want from me?" He asked.

I went to speak but he started again. "I work so goddamn hard to provide for you and your siblings and this is how I'm repaid? Do you think I like being away all the time? I don't but that's just life Tyler, you gotta do stuff you don't want to in life or you'll have nothing!" He yelled.

"Get a different job!" I yelled. He took an anger filled breath and pinched the bridge of his nose. "It's not that easy tyler! Now tell me what I can do to fix this that's reasonable!" He screamed.

He went to yell again but I cut him off. "Stop, just stop." I cried softly. I took a shaky breath. "I don't want to fight." I whispered. My dad sighed. "I don't either." He said.

"I just want you home. I-i just want my dad." I said. "I've been trying Tyler. I've really been trying but I can't stay home forever. I have to work." He said.

"I know." I whispered. I pulled back from Josh, wiping my eyes with the palm of my hands. "I'm sorry for yelling at you." I said "I'm sorry too." My dad said.

We hugged it out and my dad went back downstairs to get the rest of the bags from outside. Josh then took me out for a drive to try to get me in a better mood.

We ended up having sex in the backseat of his car in some abandoned parking lot.

(My ex has gotten back in contact with me which I'm totally fine with except for the fact that he keeps flirting with me and shit which I'm not okay with.... How do I kindly tell someone to fuck off but also let them know I'm fine with being friends if they stop trying to hit on me? Help.)