23

My family has been back from the trip for two weeks. I'd like to say everything is fine but it isnt. My dad had his friends over. They were down in the kitchen playing cards and listening to music.

It was late and it was a school night so I went downstairs to ask if they could turn down the music. I stopped in the doorway and hid behind the wall when I got down there though.

My dad's friends were talking about me. Making fun of me and my sexuality. Calling me names and saying stuff about how I dress and act. My dad didn't do anything but laugh along with them. I thought he was okay with me being gay and dressing the way I do, I guess not.

I stood there for about five minutes wrapping my arms around myself as silent tears rolled down my cheeks. "You boys stop that." I heard my mom say. "We're just playing around kelly." One of the guys said. "Well I don't appreciate it. Tyler's my son and he can dress and act however he wants." She said.

They ignored her and continued to make fun of me. Referring to me as a girl, saying how I'm weak for being gay and a bunch of other shit.

A few seconds later my mom walked out of the kitchen, immediately spotting me. She stopped and reached out for me hugging me tightly. "Shh, shh, it's okay Tyler. Its okay." She whispered as I started full on sobbing in her arms. The kitchen quieted.

I heard a chair squeaking against the floor as someone stood up. My dad came out into the hall and stared at me and my mom. I stared back for a few seconds before pushed away from my mom and running upstairs.

"Tyler!" I heard my dad yell before I slammed my bedroom door shut and locked it. I paced around my room for a few minutes, trying to calm down but I couldn't.

I spotted my phone and quickly grabbed it scrolling through my contacts and pressing call when I found the one I was looking for. I held the phone up to my ear and sat on my bed trying to steady my breathing.

"Tyler? Baby why are you up?" Josh voice came through the phone. "Can you come get me?" I asked my voice laced with tears. "Are you crying? What happened?" He asked. "Come get me please." I begged, hearing my parents yell at each other Downstairs.

"Im on my way baby I'll be there soon." He said. "Thank you." I sniffled. We said goodbye and I hung up before changing into something that wasnt an oversized T-shirt and underwear. I sat on my bed for a few more minutes trying to compose myself. When Josh texted me that he was here I grabbed my phone and keys before I left the room.

My siblings were standing at the top of the stairs listening to the yelling. "Move." I sniffled, pushing my brother Zack out of the way. "What's wrong? What happened?" He asked. "Our father's an asshole." I said continuing down the stairs.

I started putting my shoes on. "Where are you going?" My dad asked. I didn't answer him. "Tyler." He said. I stood up and opened the door, slamming it behind me.

Josh was out of his car making his way to the door when I did. he stopped walking. "Tyler!" My dad yelled opening the door. I ran over to Josh and hugged him. He immediately wrapped his arms around me tightly, staring at my dad in confusion.

"Alright come on." He whispered, leading me over to his car. He got me situated in the passenger seat before getting in the driver's side. "What happened?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Tyler tell me." He said. "My dad and his friends were making fun of me because I'm gay and dress feminine." I said staring at my lap. "What?" He asked, seeming to go from caring to pissed in half a second. I sniffled.

"Stay here." He said getting out of the car. "Josh? What are you doing?" I asked. "Just stay here." He said before shutting the door and making his way up to the front of my house. I sat in the car and watched him until he disappeared inside.

A few minutes passed before he came back out. He jogged back over to the car before getting in and starting the engine. "What happened?" I asked. "I let them know what my thoughts on the situation were." He said, starting to drive.

"Which was?" I asked. "That their all fucking dicks and that you're gorgeous. I told them if they have a problem with how you are then to call me." He said. "Josh." I said. He looked at me and smiled. "I also my have beat the shit out of one guy." He said, setting his hand on my thigh.

"Josh!" I said. "Well he was saying shit about my baby." He shrugged. "You're amazing." I said. He smiled and grabbed my hand, kissing the back if it.