Dani bit the inside of her cheek, thinking. "Okay." Both brothers sagged with relief. "But, after we get right back on this."

Sam nodded and Dean just tipped his beer bottle back. Sam watched as she left the room and went into the bathroom without another word.

"This wasn't a good idea," he groaned, putting his face in his hands.

"It was a better idea than letting her do this on her own," Dean stated plainly. His brother shrugged, and he patted his shoulder.

"Hopefully this hunt'll be good for her," Dean thought aloud. With a sniff, he put his beer down and went to gather his things.

******

Dani pulled into a parking spot next to the impala as the boys got out of their car. Sam nodded at her with a tight smile, to which she saluted back.

She could feel the tension between the brothers, and the tension between she and them. They were unhappy with the course she was taking in looking for her demon past, it was clear. But, she did not care if they thought she was going to get herself killed or go insane. In the end, it would all be worth it.

Dani was not sure if she bought the whole "taking a step back" reason Sam offered her when suggesting a new hunt. But, if this was what it would take for them to stay on her side, so be it.

The trio walked into the motel lobby and booked two separate rooms without speaking much to one another. Prolonging the silence, the brothers went into their room while she retreated to her own and changed into her federal agent costume and slapped on a bit of powder and mascara. Surprisingly, she was done before they were, their car still vacant and alone. With a shrug, she knocked on the door two rooms down from her own.

"You lot ready yet?" she called through the wood.

"One sec," she could just make out Dean's grumble. Her shoulders bounced with a chuckle.

Sam opened the door, exhaling with a smile. "Almost done." 

She nodded once, eyeing his forced grin suspiciously. He cleared his throat and stepped aside, letting her in. Still watching him, Dani entered and found Dean staring at a mirror, fighting with his tie. Amused, she leaned against the wall and watched him win his struggle. Finally, he turned to her with a sigh. 

"Let's go." Without another word, he led Sam and Dani to where their cars were parked. With one last look at Sam, who walked stiffly, Dani got into her car and followed the impala to the police station. 

At the station, Sam and Dean exited their car simultaneously while Dani gathered some things that fell out of her purse on the drive. Dean, straightening his tie, went into the building while Sam waited for her.

"What's happened here, again?" She asked him as she closed her convertible door. 

"Three suicides in the same week," he explained. "All healthy, comfortable people. The kind that were unexpected."

"And that makes it a monster?"

Sam shrugged. "When you have it good as these people did, it's kinda strange to kill yourself."

Dani said no more. With that, they went inside, where Dean was already being debriefed by the sheriff. 

"I'm sorry, what does this have to do with the FBI?" the woman was asking as they approached. She raised her eyebrows when she noticed, and they showed her their badges on cue.

"My partners," Dean explained. "Agents Bergan and Hawkins."

"Three of you?" The woman shook her head. "I'm sorry to be so forward, sir, but these have already been ruled suicides, I don't--"