Sirens, Flashing Lights, and Screams

• Dedicated to GRACIEEEE!

Authors Note: I am extremely sorry if this is absolutely horrid. Just go along with me, I will probably get better as I go.... Try to enjoy! P.s. The title is credited to John Green xx

                                                                       * Anna's POV*

       It all started on a day. Just like the day before, and the one before that, and back, and back, and back. On that day though, everything changed. My whole life that was supposedly ahead of me? It could be gone at any time.

         I remember sirens, flashing lights, and my Mother's screams for me to not leave her, how she loved me, and that its all gonna be okay. The paramedics lifted me into the ambulance and we drove away. My Mother and the Dutch Tulip Man had to drive separately. The Dutch Tulip man is my Mother's boyfriend I guess you could say; they have been together for years and as far as I know, no plans for a wedding and such have been made. Back to that fateful night though... All I can remember from the hospital is being rushed in and occasionally a random blurry doctor or nurse. I went into a PET scan and they found it... I had a very rare blood cancer; Acute Myeloid Leukemia to be exact.

       Now I am in remission though. My doctors think that I will be okay. Sorry to make this horrid and sad in the very beginning, but may as well get it out of the way.

       A little bit about my family: I live with my mother in California; she only has one eye; I don't know exactly how it happened, and I don't ask. My mother works as a stay-at-home-not-quite-legit botanist, her favorite flower is a tulip which is probably why she is dating the Dutch Tulip Man. He thinks that he is so Fancy and that he can CURE CANCER with his many absurd ideas. (None of which would actually work) On a lighter note, I have a hamster. His name is Sisyphus, and he cannot push a rock up a mountain. Just want to get that across.

       Now, get ready for a little bit about me. My name is Anna. As of right now, I am 16 years old and I am into things that go over other people's heads. My favorite shirt is blue with a picture of a pipe on it. It says  'Ceci n'set pas une pipe'. This is not a pipe. Many people don't understand this. It is as so; This IS not a pipe, it is a photo of one. My hair was long and brown and beautiful. Now it's gone. My eyes are Hazel. The cancer that is made of me cannot change that. Or at least it hasn't, if it can. My favorite book is The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer. No one may understand my reasoning, yet everyone may. You get a peek into the life of a person who has never done anything wrong, and yet he is treated like the amoebas that eat pond scum. In the end though, he shows them all. Just by a simple thing like surviving. 

A/N Sorry it was so short... if you liked it. Tell me if any part of it is half decent..... Should I go on? I  know that my skills as a writer are not great now. So if you just hold onto your fandoms and feels, we're in for a ride.

Loaf,

Libbey.