Chapter 2

Things go from bad to physically unbearable for Merlin over the next few weeks.

Arthur’s really getting into it now. It’s going better than he ever could have hoped. He has the power to make Merlin whimper simply by breathing close to him. And he’s really, really enjoying it. He’s going to really take his time on this one.

Merlin lies back on his bed. Despite himself he can’t stop going over all the recent awful humiliating occasions in which Arthur Pendragon has nearly caused him to lose his mind.

One such incident involved something as innocent as an orange.

Whilst Arthur was out hunting with his father Merlin always had the task of getting the fire going ready for his return. Unfortunately on this particular day it had slipped Merlin’s mind. Therefore when Arthur did return his first words upon entering his chambers were:

“Merlin! It’s bloody freezing in here, you imcompetent idiot!”

Merlin apologised, made a little snarky remark about it not actually being that cold and maybe Arthur didn’t need to be that melodramatic about it before starting to sort out the fire.

Arthur sat down at the table and went to pick up an orange from the fruit bowl before exclaiming, more melodramatically than ever that it was simply too cold for him to even perform the menial task of picking up the orange.

“I can barely feel my hands! How am I supposed to feed myself? I’m starving here!”

Merlin rolled his eyes to the heavens and walked over to the table.

“Maybe rub your hands together a bit? Or put some gloves on? You could always just pick it up with your teeth and eat it. You’ll have to eat the skin too of course but if you’re that starving….”

Merlin grinned widely, clearly amusing himself.

Arthur did not grin back. He stared evenly at Merlin for a good few moments before saying:

“Feed me.”

“What?” Merlin was still smiling but he was starting to feel a little nervous and his fingers twitched slightly at his sides.

“Feed me. Pick up the orange, peel it and feed it to me. One piece at a time.” Arthur spoke slowly and deliberately and watched as Merlin blushed a deep shade of scarlet.

He smiled a little and tilted his head slightly to the side. “Please.”

Merlin picked up the orange and fumbled with it, cursing his stupid shaking hands and trying desperately hard to look normal and calm as he peeled.

He could feel Arthur’s gaze on him and he knew he was blushing. He told himself to get a grip and stop being so utterly ridiculous.

But then he put the first piece of orange to Arthur’s mouth and any notion of getting a grip went completely out of the window. Arthur’s eyes never left Merlin’s as he took the orange, along with three of Merlin’s fingertips in his mouth and sucked. With each piece Merlin presented him with Arthur added a little more tongue, little more teeth as he took the orange from Merlin’s trembling fingertips. Merlin had to physically stop himself from moaning on more than one occasion.

“You absolute bastard” he thought to himself.

There had been other, equally torturous occasions.

An example being Merlin polishing Arthur’s armour before last week’s tournament. He was polishing as fast and as thoroughly as his arms would allow him yet, naturally, not fast or thoroughly enough for Prince Arthur.

Merlin heard Arthur entering the tent behind him. He heard him walking over towards him and he breathed in heavily as he felt Arthur’s hands on either side of his waist. Almost immediately the involuntary hand shaking started again.

Arthur lent in close to Merlin and bit down hard on his earlobe. Merlin couldn’t stop the small whine of pain leaving his lips.

“You’re just about the slowest worker in the history of the land, Merlin” Arthur whispered before continuing to nibble up the length of Merlin’s ear. “I do hope you’re almost finished. I hate to think of what I’m gonna have to do to you if you’re not.”

Merlin tried desperately to remember how to form words.

“Almost done Sire.”

“Good good then!” Arthur removed his teeth from Merlin’s ear and his hands from Merlin’s waist, gave him a hard pat on the back and strolled back out of the tent.

And then there was today.

After a day of having the piss well and truly taken out of him by Arthur and the knights whilst accompanying them on a quest Merlin had just about had enough. When they got back to Arthur’s chambers Merlin went about his tasks in silence as Arthur sat on the bed and watched, vaguely amused. When Merlin had finished he gave Arthur the coldest look he could muster and said

“Is there anything else, Sire?”

“You’re mad at me.” Arthur stated.

Merlin remained silent. Arthur stood up and came towards him and Merlin had the overwhelming desire to run away, out of the room and into the safety of his bed.

“Did I embarrass you before?”

“Oh no, Sire, everyone loves to be made to look like a total prat in front of the knights of Camelot don’t they? It’s certainly my favourite pastime.”

“But Merlin” Arthur moved around Merlin to stand directly behind him

“You are a total prat.”

Arthur leaned forward and gently touched the centre of Merlin's neck with his tongue before licking, slowly all the way up Merlin’s neck into his hair.

Merlin stopped breathing altogether. His cock pressed urgently against his trousers and he could no longer stand it. He mumbled something of an apology and knocking a whole bunch of papers and a candle off the table as he went he bolted out of the room.

Merlin cannot stop reliving these moments. He lies on his bed feeling so sexually frustrated he could cry and so angry he could spit and so confused he’s sure he’s lost his mind.

Why is Arthur doing this to him? What does he want? What is he trying to do? And regardless, is there anything Merlin can do to stop him? He is Arthur’s manservant after all and Arthur is the Prince of Camelot.

He belongs to him. He is Arthur’s to do with as he chooses.

And this thought makes Merlin painfully hard and painfully frightened in painfully equal measures.