Veronica smiled back, both of you finally noticing that Betty was silent, her eyes closed.

"We should let her rest for a bit, she's having a hard time."

"Yeah." You rested your palm on top of Veronica's hand and smiled in her direction.

~▪~▪~

"Welcome to Riverdale High, friends. As you may have already noticed, I took my time to display your schedules and locker information on the table, just look for your name." Veronica spoke in a delicate, welcoming tone towards the incoming students - the serpents.

"May I just say, I am not too thrilled to have you snakes here, but I have no choice other than to accept you." Cheryl slightly sneered, remembering her conversation with you, her most trustworthy friend, you'd told her that Jason would be welcoming and would want her to be more open to others. She was grateful for you and your advice, so she listened.

"Great." Jughead smirked, adjusting his jacket and stretching his arms across the table, looking for his name on the papers.

"These are the main writers for our school newspaper, The Blue & Gold, Betty Cooper and Y/n L/n. So don't mind them if they begin to take photographs throughout the day, it's for this week's main article." Archie continued, not wishing for any awkward silence, his arm directed towards the girls that were descending the stairs.

"Hope we can leave any disagreements in the past, Archie." Sweet Pea muttered, his focus on the ginger.

Archie turned to see sweet pea and nodded his head, "Yeah, of course."

"This is going way better than I expected." Toni said, a grin on her face, finally taking notice of the blonde and (y/h/c) that had approached the entrance.

"Y/n? As in (y/nickname)?"

"Toni." You rushed out, a worried smile on your face, would she slap you?

Toni shook her head in disbelief and walked closer to you, without a doubt in her mind, she hugged you, with such a force that took your breathe away. By this point everyone was looking at you both, really confused.

"I missed you!" Toni gushed.

"I can explain why I left..."

"Don't. I have you back, we're okay."

"Okay." You smiled warmly, your insides jumping with excitement.

"You know her, Toni?" Sweet Pea whispered in the short serpent's direction.

"Uh yeah, old childhood best friend."

Everyone that surrounded you both, made an "oh" sound, finally understanding.

Sweet Pea nodded, his eyes not drifting off of you.

"Alright, enough bonding, get your schedules and get to class!" Principle Weatherbee's voice erupted through the halls making everyone scurry.

~▪~ 
Months later

It was bitter sweet reminiscing that day to you, the day you reunited with your best friend and met Sweet Pea.

"Hey beautiful." S.P murmurs into your ear when he spots you by the tree that had your initials carved into it, it was your hiding spot. You shivered from the sensation of his warm breath fanning your ear and half smiled up at him,

"Hey."

Sweet Pea raised his eyebrows slightly, sensing that something was wrong and sat next to you, his legs spread out, while yours were crossed.