009

kyungmi knew, that as soon as they had moved in together, they somehow had started lying about things. about where they had been and with who and why they had been gone for so long.

she knew all of this, but refused to see the truth, mostly because she was the one, who had started with it; she knew, she was hurting seungyoon, but she couldn't help doing the things she had always been doing.

maybe it was just, because both of them wanted to pretend to be okay, to have a safe place to call home after all.

without raising too much attention she left her position behind the bar and went to the changing room. quickly she unlocked her phone and sent a text message to seungyoon, since she knew, he barely checked his kakao talk or line.

from: kyungmi
to: yoon 🌚
hey ~ when i finish work tonight
let's go to our favourite place, like
during the good old times in highschool,
okay?
sent: 9:27pm | unread

sometimes he would ask, why kyungmi saved his contact with that weird moon emoji, but she would just reply, it's because it resembled his expression, when they had first met.

actually seungyoon used to have a quite round and squishy face as a kid and kyungmi wouldn't ever get enough of making fun of him for it, but secretly he liked it.

kyungmi finished working at 1am and got to their favourite diner at the speed of light.

apparently seungyoon was already there, sipping on some milk shake. "i would've ordered for you, but i didn't know when you would come."

"the kindest, like always." she smiled and sat across from him. "i just thought we should spend some quality time."

her friend raised an eyebrow at her statement. "at this time of the day? after you've been working for so long?"

"if that's the only possible time, of course."

seungyoon flicked her forehead, right when the waiter came to take their order.
while waiting for the food, kyungmi kept overserving the other people at the diner, trying to find someone for her best friend. (she used to call this 'checking on the crowd')

eventually that certain best friend kept praying, that she would just stop, when their food would arrive. somehow her actions hurt him and he didn't even know why. although he didn't complain, as he was trying to keep a peaceful atmosphere.

actually his prayers had been heard and they ate their food in silence.

but this silence only lasted until a tall, blonde man entered the diner. kyungmi almost dropped her fork, looking from the guy to seungyoon, who was sitting with his back to him.

"well, i ship that"

confused seungyoon blinked his eyes. "ship what?"

a smirk formed on the girl's lips. "just tilt your head a tiny bit to the left."

seungyoon knew exactly what she was aiming for, but god damn, he really looked stunning.

"i think, you have to go over there, i mean, look! he's sitting all alone."

"well, i think so too." seungyoon bit his lip and waited a moment before getting up. actually he didn't think so at all, but one more lie wouldn't hurt too much; was there even anything he wouldn't do for his best friend?

but as he left kyungmi's table behind, he felt as if he was being pushed out of her life and it hurt him even more than before.

(a/n) after like that sun was so good, i'm kinda doing trash with this book on the whole smile again series like wtf