007

seungyoon took a deep breathe before ringing the doorbell. apparently jinwoo lived with his parents and seungyoon was so (not) looking foreward to a dinner with jinwoo's mother, who seemed to love him for some reason.

but staying at kyungmi's and his apartment wasn't that much of an option and besides that, the food at jinwoo's house was always great, so it would be bearable.

jinwoo and seungyoon once were a thing during highschool and although it had never been serious, neither of them regretted it and they had always remained as friends.

the door opened and revealed the shorter boy with a bright smile on his face. "it's been a while, hasn't it?"

"hell, yes." and although he was feeling awfully uncomfortable, seungyoon couldnt help but smile back.

the dinner was as annoying as expected, but the dishes were even better than kyungmi's cooking, so he could deal with jinwoo's mother literally asking about his whole life story.

later that evening seungyoon was laying in jinwoo's tiny room on a matress, after they had played fifa for a good three hours.

the older was already asleep, his breath calm and steady, but seungyoon was wide awake.

as he was staring at the ceiling he thought of kyungmi and everything they had been through. but right then it seemed so worthless, so insignificant, while she was with another man. he knew, that minhyuk would hurt her and was already hurting her and it made him mad. at the same time he also knew, that there was absolutely nothing he could do.

it made him feel as if no one on earth would ever love him, as if he was everyone's second choice; and the tears rolled down his cheeks for a reason he didn't even know, whilst his heart clenched in his chest.

jinwoo, who had heard the sobbing sounds for some time already, glanzed over the edge of his bed, only to see his friend in a state, he wished he wouldn't have to see him in.

without saying a single word, he quietly went to the kitchen to get a glass of water for seungyoon and then kneeled down beside him.

when seungyoon was finally aware of the situation, he bit his hand in order to stop sobbing and sat up. "i'm sorry for waking you up." he mumbled, overflowing with guilt.

" i don't know what's wrong and i won't ask, but you know, that you never have to apologize to me." jinwoo rubbed his shoulder to comfort him until they both fell asleep at some point.

seungyoon was glad for having jinwoo as a friend, but no one could ever replace kyungmi.