Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

It's a new day and according to my timetable I have sport today, so I slip into my sports uniform. The skort is very short; the only good thing is it has a pair of tight shorts under the skirt part. I throw my hair up in a high ponytail then do the strings on my sneakers up tightly. When I go downstairs and into the dining room, Grandpa looks me up and down with a frown.

"The way clothes are evolving for women is going way too far". He's clearly talking about how short my skort is.

"Yeah, I'm surprised the school will let us girls wear this", I say, and he nods.

"If any boy tries to slap your butt, break his hand".

"Will do, Grandpa". I laugh and sit down.

We eat breakfast, then Grandpa drops me off at school. On the way he says he's going to buy me a phone today and book me a learner's driving test soon, so I better study. I get out of the car, walk into the school gates and go to my locker, putting away the books I don't need before heading to the senior lunch area. I go to the table I sat at yesterday, seeing Ryker, Julian and Hartley sitting there.

"Hey guys, can I sit down?" I ask, knowing they only met me yesterday.

"Yeah". Hartley gestures to the empty seats. I sit down and grab my timetable to see what classes I have today. "Does anyone have sport with Miss Phillips?"

"Yeah, I do", Julian answers.

"Braelynn, want to come hang out with us tonight? We were gonna go see a movie then go back to Ryker's and chill out", Hartley asks.

Will Grandpa let me go? He said if it's a group and other girls are there, then it's fine.

"Yeah, that'd be good". I smile.

Drade and Danica show up but the bell goes so we all head off to classes. I have drama first period and the teacher says we're welcome to use the drama room or find our own space outside to work on our assignment. The three of us choose a spot outside on the oval in the shade under a huge tree.

"Are we settled on the idea Braelynn suggested?" Drade asks, getting out his book.

"Yeah", Ryker says.

"Okay, we should start coming up with lines to bring the scene to life".

We all think of things and have Drade write them down. They bring up the kiss again to show the vengeance element.

"I'm not kissing anyone", I state firmly.

Ryker and Drade look at each other, then back to me.

"Then why did you suggest the cheating scene if you weren't going through with the kiss?" Ryker questions.

"I was just suggesting an idea. I don't think a kiss is necessary".

"Is it a problem to have you kiss one of us?" Drade questions.

"Yes", I say, and both their eyes go wide.

"What's the problem?" they both ask.

"Look, I just met you guys".

I give them the first reason I think of. That's not the problem, it's the fact that my heart is broken over Theo. He's the only guy I've ever kissed and I'm nowhere near over him, so I don't want to kiss anyone else. I'd probably break into tears if another guy who's not Theo tried to kiss me. I don't think I'll ever get over Theo.

"Okay, then we'll have to change the scene", Drade says.

"But we don't have to present this assignment for five weeks. You'll know us well by then", Ryker points out.