Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

After religion, I follow my map to my next class, which is drama, ignoring the glares I get on the way. Once I get to the class, I sit towards the back, hoping to go by unnoticed. Not like that'll happen. The teacher then comes in and starts the lesson.

"Okay, class, I'm giving you an assignment", Mrs Earl says, making the class groan. "This isn't due until week six, so you have plenty of time to do it and it's also a group assignment. You will choose one of the topics on the paper I'll give out and do a scene, presenting it to the class on the due date".

She hands out the sheets of paper and I skim mine quickly. Groups of three. Drama scene. Length: five minutes. Groups have to choose a topic and explain what it is. The topics are love, loss, wealth, vengeance. Interesting topics. Mrs Earl then reads out the groups.

"Farah, Lenny, Stefie".

Oh, Farah is Bexley's sidekick from earlier in the bathroom.

"Ryker, Braelynn, Drade".

I look around, trying to pinpoint who I'm with and see two guys staring at me. I'm guessing they are my partners. She finishes reading off everyone's groups.

"You can discuss your ideas for the rest of the lesson".

Everyone moves around to sit in their groups and two guys come over, one sits beside me and the other sits in front.

"I'm Drade".

This guy looks similar to Danica, just the guy version but much scruffier. He has dark grey eyes with a sharp jawline, light stubble and scruffy brown hair.

"Ryker".

They introduce themselves. Ryker has black short spiky hair with exquisite green eyes and a clean-shaven face.

"Braelynn. So, you're Drade?"

"Yes, I am". His brows crease. Even though he has a rough appearance, his aura clearly says authority.

"Danica told me I should talk to you until I can talk to the alpha", I explain.

"Yeah, Danica mind linked me briefly about this. I don't have the final say but Dimitri will talk to you about joining the pack".

"I was thinking more a peace treaty".

"You'll have to talk to Dimitri because I can't agree on a peace treaty".

Okay, clearly everyone in a pack is useless except the alpha. Can no one else make decisions?

"Let's work on the assignment", Ryker says.

We pull out our books and pens.

"You're the sexiest rogue I've ever seen". Ryker smirks at me. I just ignore it.

"Ryker, shut up". Drade rolls his eyes.

"Can I ask, I can sense you have authority yet you're not the alpha?" I'm confused.

"I'm the beta, Danica is the third in command", Drade tells me.

Danica is third in command? I thought men ruled the packs.

"I guess I don't know much about packs", I ramble. They both look at me with wide eyes.

"So you were born a rogue?" Ryker asks with curiosity.

"Yes". I confirm.

"We can talk about this at lunch. Let's work on this", Drade says. "Which topic do you guys want to do? I'm thinking loss".

"I reckon wealth", Ryker says.

"I don't reckon either", I say, and their eyes shoot to me. Doing loss is too close to my heart. Wealth seems hard to act out. Love will just remind me of Theo. "Let's do vengeance".