•Patrick Hockstetter 1 (Part 2)•

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
1-The Harley To My Joker
(Part 2/2)
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Song: Gangsta-Kehlani•"Please take me to places That nobody, nobody knows

•Song: Gangsta-Kehlani•
"Please take me to places
That nobody, nobody knows."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I'm cold Tricky, are we nearly there?" She groaned, pulling on his arm which was outstretched behind him to drag her along.
"Not long now." He said quietly, more to himself than the girl. She sighed and jogged to catch up with him. She snuggled into his side and put her arm around his waist as they walked, causing him to rest his arm around her shoulders. They smiled to each other, their faces only illuminated by the dim street lights. The crunch of their heavy, laced up boots was amplified by the silence around them. The girl felt -not for the first time- as if somebody was watching her every move. Patrick gently tightened his grip on her shoulder and diverted the both of them off the shadowed, empty pavements and into the thick, black woods. She drew in sharp breath at the sight -or lack of- the unlit area they were entering. The teasing boy drew small circles on her goosebump covered arms with his cold fingers, "We can go back if you're too scared? This is nothing for someone who gets scared by the darkness to see." She could hear his permanent grin through his voice, angering her slightly.
"For the last time Patrick, I'm not scared." She spoke quietly, afraid that the monsters who lurked may hear her voice and come to kill her. Or perhaps it was the monster that breathed down her neck, drew circles on her skin and snuck into her bedroom at night who should terrify her the most.
(You know I would never hurt you.)
"Whatever you say baby." He let out a short, breathy laugh.
After a few more minutes of walking, Patrick increased his pace and dragged her along with him. She smiled at his rare enthusiasm. As they neared their destination, a light coloured object -not much smaller than the girl- came into view. She narrowed her eyes in an attempt to decipher what it was, only making her more confused. She thought it looked like a fridge. An old, useless fridge. Patrick drew a small torch from the back pocket of his dark jeans. He pressed the small button, illuminating a small amount of the area they were in.
"Why are we here? What's with the refrigerator?" She giggled with narrowed eyes.
"You'll see." His warm breath forked out into the icy air as he spoke, sending a steamy puff from behind his dry lips. She noticed how it resembled a cloud of smoke, something more common to see from the mouth of Patrick Hockstetter. He took his arm from around her and spun, facing his back to the fridge.
Patrick clicked the small button on his torch and slipped it into his back pocket, plunging the two of them back into the night's thickly ominous blackness. He reached his bare arms out to the girl and brushed his hands over her waist. Once he had a comfortable grip on her, he pulled the girl closer to him and leaned towards her left ear.
He spoke in a quiet, low voice, "You can never, EVER, tell anyone about this, okay?"
Despite her knowledge of his inability to see her in the darkness of the woods, she nodded quickly. Her soft hair brushed over his face and drew back, then repeated multiple times, indicating to him that she was agreeing to his demand. Patrick breathed slowly and shuddered in excitement occasionally. She had never seen him this way. No one had and until Beverly Marsh saw him approach this same space months later, no one else would.
The psychotic boy clenched and then unclenched his fists once, twice, then a third time for good luck, before retrieving the torch from his stretched jean pocket. The girl observed him intensely as he turned it back on and then reached for the shiny silver handle, which had browned in places due to it's age. The single break in the darkness that Patrick held cast a spotlight on the top door of the refrigerator and the both of them -despite feeling completely different of what was inside- gulped, licked their lips and then sunk their teeth into their bottom lips, which had become considerably paler in the cold. Patrick completed the actions with his signature smirk, while the girl shivered with anxiety. Perhaps I was right, she thought, he is the child killer! This is where he keeps them and I'm his next victim. He's going to kill me. Patrick Hockstetter is going to murder me in the middle of the woods where nobody can hear my screams and then he's going to put me in his secret refrigerator.
(Not you sweetheart. You know I would never hurt you.)
Patrick shone the torch on the dirty inside, revealing a crusty pool of dried, scarlett blood. She inhaled an icy gasp and any colour she did have in her face drained to her toes. She wanted to run, but her shiny, black boots felt as if they had been welded to the dusty ground within the browned leaves that rested there.
"I haven't got anything trapped at the minute. Couldn't find any wandering around." Patrick mumbled, adding a shrug. Her breathing quickened and tears began welling up on her lower lash line. The kids. He's talking about the kids.
Once he realised that the girl had not responded to anything he had said or shown to her in any way, he turned to look at her. For the first time, Patrick was genuinely concerned of his ability to terrify somebody.
"Are yuh-you okay?" He asked quietly, extending the arm without the torch to place it on her shoulder as a form of comfort. She flinched from his touch and stared right into his worried eyes. He saw the fear in hers.
"You said we were the same." Her voice was hoarse and croaky from the tears that threatened to fall.
"We are. We're the same, me and you. It's because that's all there is, just us. You and I, we are real." He reached out again, but she cowered back once again, creating a frown on his face, "This refrigerator, it's just like your container. You like to kill butterflies, I kill puppies, kittens. I thought you'd be—," He sighed, "I thought you saw me like I see you. I should never have shown you this. Forget it." Patrick roughly pushed the door shut and then began pacing away, leaving the girl in complete, eerie darkness.
"Patrick! Wait up!" She spoke loudly, sending a shallow, quiet echo through the tall trees. The girl jogged and caught up with him within a matter of seconds. "You said you kill puppies....in there?" She pointed to the fridge as she spoke. Patrick nodded.
I was wrong, she thought, how could I ever have suspected that Patrick would kill children anyway? He wouldn't- maybe not yet- do that. Not purposefully. Despite obvious confirmation, the girl still had her doubts of whether Patrick Hockstetter had any intention of killing another human. At last aware of the actual situation at hand, she became a little more comfortable with his confession and was prepared to discuss it with him. Not only had she felt a warm feeling in her chest from the rarely romantic comments he had made, but she also admired his work. The fridge was an amazing idea, one that she wished to have had herself.
"That's awesome." She gave him a crooked smile. The smile of a girl who had an immense insanity brewing inside of her. One day, she would grow to be crazier than Patrick Hockstetter. She strolled over in the pitch black to his fridge and ran her numb fingertips over its handle. The girl opened the old, chipped door and dipped her fingers into the pool of blood, staining them red.
Patrick walked back over to her and snaked his long arms around her waist. He rested his chin on her right shoulder and watched inquisitively as she carefully inspected his dangerous secret.
"I'm sorry I reacted that way Tricky, I understand that it was difficult for you to show this to me." She spoke softly and stroked his smooth cheek with her blood covered fingers. The both of them stood in silence for a moment, two pair of eyes focussed on the dirty inside of the refrigerator. The girl turned and shut the door once again as she did. She cupped his saddened face in her hands, unsure of how to react to an upset Patrick as she had never experienced it before. Tucking a piece of his lengthy dark hair behind his ear with her index finger, she spoke,
"Look at me Tricky."
He drew his eyes away from the ground to look into hers, which were barely visible in the dark.
"I love you." She confidently said, without properly realising what she had just confessed to. I can't love somebody, she thought, and neither can Patrick. His brows rose from a slight frown and his eyes lightened up. The iconic smirk he always had was emerging. He giggled slightly,
"I didn't realise I was that good of an actor." He winked and chewed on his lip, attempting to hold on to a fluster of laughter. Her mouth dropped open and then shaped into a grin.
"You're a douchebag! I thought I'd upset you real bad." She chuckled and slapped her hand against his arm, causing to flinch back and grin.
"Well, if you are ever actually sad, don't come to me for sympathy." She pouted in fake annoyance. Patrick laughed and put his arms around her.
"I love you too."

The end.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Requested by: YoursTrulyHoney
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••