Chapter I.

The level of dislike against wearing heels and a bra were growing by the second as I looked at my reflection.

Looking at my attire in the mirror, I was still creating an argument in my mind, as to why I saw no need for my sister and I to attend an awards ceremony that was being held tonight. These nights consisted of a few hours of nosy or wealthy people admiring other people who were popular in the public eye, except they included a formal dress code, boring speeches and free food. Of all that was mentioned, the free food was the only thing I was looking forward to.

"Why do we have to do this?", I groan aloud. "We are going because our father is getting honoured tonight, and you and I have to be there to accept his award on his behalf. Stop complaining and finish getting dressed, the car will be here in a few minutes", my sister replies as she styles her dreadlocks. "Who told him to go on a vacation with his girlfriend in the same week he was receiving an award?", I asked as I roll my eyes and proceeded to find my heels, making sure they matched my two-piece burgundy dress with long sleeves (I only bought the dress for the added pockets in the skirt).

After fussing over the event and our outfits on our way to the venue, the car arrives ten minutes later, and the two of us are off to the Michelangelo hotel for a night of schmoozing, dancing and again, the free food. Upon entering the ballroom, my eyes immediately looked for our table, followed by a bar or a waiter. Yet as I walked just behind my sister (feeling as confident as I could in my heels), a large body bumps into me with the force knocking me backwards.

I close my eyes, preparing myself for the embarrassing tumble, but when I don't feel the carpet, I open my eyes, finding a pair of sparkling brown eyes attached to a handsome face smiling at me. "I'm very sorry, I can't seem to watch where I'm going tonight", he says with a deep voice, sending chills through my body. I nod and send him a tight smile as we both stand straight, but I lean on him for a few seconds - trying to play it off as though I needed a few minutes to be stable when really it was because I was enjoying his hold on me.

"At least you have fast reflexes", I mumble. The handsome stranger smirks and leans in, "It's kind of a skill needed in my sport". I give him the side-eye as I move away, "Clumsiness and fast reflexes? I wonder what sport you play". "It's definitely one that you don't play. You don't look like a sportswoman", he quips whilst his eyes wandered over my outfit. "Enjoy the rest of your evening", I say as I roll my eyes and turn away, walking towards my sister who looked at me with amusement.

"What did I just see? When did you become interested in vanilla?" I let out a scoff as I sit down, "I have never in my twenty-one years of existence, stated that I was interested in any type of the opposite sex. So please stop with your crazy assumptions Nthabi. Nothing of interest happened back there". Nthabileng shrugs and sits back, "Whatever you say Sedi". I ignore her smirk and turn to greet other people seated at our table, feeling a bit better that one of my friends was seated with us. However, I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching during the whole conversation, and it stayed like that until the master of ceremonies for the night started the event.

 However, I couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching during the whole conversation, and it stayed like that until the master of ceremonies for the night started the event

Pic above is Lesedi "Sedi" (played by Justine Skye)

Updated above image is Nthabileng, Lesedi's big sister (pronounced N-ta-bil-eng & she's played by Kiitan - an influencer from Nigeria)