Chapter IV.

A/N: This song gives an idea of the music they listen to while on their date. I love her voice. Enjoy.

••••
"Are you sure about this?"

"You could always pull some stunt and back out of this date", Mamello suggested, as she watched me prepare for my date with Jesse tonight.

I shook my head as I put on my ripped jeans, white off-shoulder blouse with a leather jacket and ankle boot heels.

"I have to agree and disagree with Lello on this one. You sounded very unsure when you told us about how he got your name and the chance to take you out on a date", Danielle, another good friend, said.

"However, at the same time, I feel like you need a date because you've been a sitting duck ever since you and Thando broke up".

I cringe at the mention of that jerk's name before sitting down to comb out my curls, smiling at the dark purple tips I redid a few days ago, before Jesse called about our date. All he had told me was to wear something casual, but to me, a leather jacket and boot heels were as casual as you can get on a Saturday night out. "I appreciate both of your suggestions and concerns, but I'm still going to this date. He's not that conceited, so it might not even be that bad", I argued.

Mamello shook her head, "No honey, he's a sportsman, and most sportsmen especially our age, feel themselves too much. This date might turn into watching his favourite sport at a stadium or a bar".

I shrugged, "I wouldn't mind the bar, it will mean more drinks for me". The girls laughed and just as I was about to comment further, my phone rang.

"Hello?", I answered. "Hey Lesedi, I'm outside. You said that you're on Oakland Road right?", Jesse asked. I nod, before covering my eyes, realizing my action.

"Yeah that's the place. I'll be right out", I replied, hanging up. I hugged the girls before heading out, giggling to myself when I see a sports edition of a Ford parked outside.

I spot a blonde head exit the car and go around the front, smiling as he greets me with a hug. His scent is always so intoxicatingly delightful. "Hey, you look amazing", he says softly. I smile, "Thanks, you clean up well too".

He laughs and bows in a mocking manner, before opening the passenger door for me. Soon, we were off and I smile as I hear the sounds of deep house from the radio. I look over and watch him steer the car with one hand, and his other hand placed casually by the gear shift.

"So, where are we going?" He smiles and winks at me, "It's a surprise, but I'm sure you'll like it". As he drove, we started to learn about each other, and I was correct in assuming he played for a rugby team in our local rugby league.

He was shocked to learn that I was in my last year of university, and I remembered to ask him what he was doing on campus that day we saw each other.

"We were trying to get fans excited for the knockout rounds of sixteen for the cup, because we were playing a team from Japan. So we, as well as some of the opposing team, were meeting fans on your campus. I didn't expect such a huge turnout", Jesse says.

I let out a dry laugh and rolled my eyes, "Sure you didn't. Your eyes were probably as wide as saucers for every girl that held onto your arm for a picture". He lets out a chuckle as he looks over. "Not really, my eyes, as well as something else, grew when I saw you walking on the lawns in that tight dress you had", he says with a cheeky smile. I looked away as I hid my blush, deciding to stay silent as the he carried on driving.

Jesse stopped at a building which looked like a warehouse, and I was hesitant to get out the car. "Come on", he persisted while holding my door open. "I promise you, it's much better inside", he adds.

I took his word for it as we entered the warehouse, and I didn't attempt to hide my reaction when we were greeted by a maitre'd and were ushered to our seats. He took me to a jazz show?! Does that mean that he like jazz? "I take it that you are surprised by the venue?" I nod speechless.

"My father loves jazz, among other genres, so I started liking a bit of it too. Also, I didn't want to be cliché and take you to a restaurant or a bar or to the cinema. I'm sure we can always do that in the future", he adds with a wink. I shake my head and lift the menu, covering my never-fading blush, again making him laugh. My assumptions  about this man were almost dead wrong, but I had no problems being wrong if it meant I would enjoy my night with a never fading smile on my face.

Image above is Lesedi's other friend, Danielle