Together Atlast: Chapter 22 (special)

(Two Months Later)

McKenzies POV

"Oh shut up fatty Mc fatty"

Jake says with a smirk as we travel through the isles of our local grocery store. I glare before flicking him in the forehead, resulting in a loud thud like noise.

"That is nothing to joke about Jake so shut up ya idiot"

I retort while my best-friend holds his forehead in pain. Man, such a drama queen. I continue pushing the cart through the store with Jake trailing behind me;gasping at every item of junk food he sees.

A/N (That is so me. I love food)

"Jake go into the baby isles and pick up some baby formula for me. The Gerbers brand"

I say snapping him out of his totally unnecessary trace.

"The powdery milk stuff?"

I roll my eyes at his terms of vocabulary but still nod my head at the question. He happily strides off, quickly skipping his way out of the canned food isle that we were currently in. My mom, plus Kyle, had most likely stocked up on baby food and toys already but I still felt that I needed to buy something on my own. I rub my now fully bloated stomach and start pushing the cart again.

This baby can literally come out any day and lord knows I'm praying that it's soon. Not just because I'm excited but because I'm getting tired of carrying this weight on me. It's so uncomfortable, like how do women do it? The questions going through my head are soon obliterated from my mind when Jake tosses two cans of baby formula into the basket.

"You didn't tell me how many you wanted so I just got two"

I smile as a thank you in which he returns with one just as bright. We continue our shopping;finally leaving about an hour and a half later. Jake loads the bags into his car while I open the passenger seat and sit down. Wow, I'm exhausted. The trunk shuts and my best friends hops in and starts the engine.

"Ready?"

"Yeah, my feet are killing me and I need to get home"

He shakes his head with a slight chuckle before driving off towards my apartment.

~

"Thanks for helping me put all this stuff up"

I say giving Jake a thank you hug. He whispers a no problem, hugging me back.

"So, where's your little lover boy at?"

He jokes while releasing me. I roll my eyes with a small smile and answer.

"Work of course. But he'll be home in about fifteen minutes"

"I don't know why he works when dude is literally freaking rich as hell"

I don't bother explaining to him that it's just Kyle loves his job;but instead take a seat on the couch.

"Alright I have to head out. Me n the little one have a date"

"Oooooolala"

I say, raising my eye brows especially high while doing an unnecessary amount of winking just to annoy him.

"Ohmygosh stoppp"

He says covering his face with both hands. I let out a loud laugh before patting a seat next to me for him to sit down.

"Kenzie I already told you I have to go"

He quickly states but still takes a seat. I lean my head on his shoulder; closing my eyes and letting myself reflect a little bit on life.