Together Atlast: Chapter 17

Kyles POV

"Spill"

Jake says with complete authority and dominance in his Tone just as the waiter was walking up to us. We asked for some more time before Nathan began.

"I-I knew what she was doing to McKenzie back at the beginning of this year. I didn't agree with it at all, she practically forced me to help her get information and things on you, your family, and your friends."

He takes a pause, lifting his head up to look at us three only to find we were looking right back with dissapointment and complete anger in our eyes. He puts his head back down, smiling as he begin to talk again.

"That's when I met your mother. She was everything I wanted in a women. So, we got to know eachother and she made me the happiest man on earth. Everything was perfect about her. Except, I found out she was your mother."

McKenzie scrunches her forehead listening intently as Jake and I kept our guard up waiting for him to finish.

"I tried my best to talk her out of continuing on with this. And especially over you,"

He says pointing to me.

"It definitely wasn't necessary"

I was offended on the inside but kept quiet and let him continue talking.

"Natalie came to me one day and gave me a paper. It was the restraining order that you two made on her. She was furious and I knew there was no calming her down. That trip we went on, I talked Madison into us going there. No cell service, no way to track us and no communication with the outside world."

I heard her give a light gasp of realization at what he said, along with Jake. So he knew there wouldn't be cell service, that's why he did it. I narrow my eyebrows as the final pieces of the puzzle finally get put together in my head.

"I figured that she would've calmed down by the time we got back. But no, it was the other way around. So, I told her of she didn't leave you guys alone I was gonna go to the police and tell them every-"

"Why the fuck didn't you tell them in the first place you idiot"

Jake yells at Nathan, rising from his seat a little. McKenzie gently grabs his hand motioning him to sit back down in which he listens too.

"C'mon, that is my sister."

My breath hitches in my throat as I catch on to what he just said. That 'is' my sister. Wouldn't he have used "that 'was' my sister"?

"What do you mean 'is'? She's dead right?"

I say, raising an eyebrow and waiting for a response. He begins to fidget with his hands answering my question.

"Well um, I got a phone call of someone telling me she had been murdered and where. But the call wasn't from a police officer. I went to the abandoned house and there was 'her' body, laying there. But, the ankle tatto she has wasn't there and I realized that wasn't her. She had killed a look alike as frame up to blame you. She wants you McKenzie to suffer, and to suffer all your life"

"Once I realized what this meant I tried to keep Madison as close to me as possible. I knew she would try to go after the people close to you and not you personally. Everything was going fine till I got a phone call. Your mom had convinced me to let her go jogging alone and I gave into it. 'Your girl friend looks pretty cute in her exercise outfit today' as soon as I heard that, I knew it was to late for me to do anything"

We were all silent, nothing able to come out our mouths. No emotion was there, not anger nor sadness.

"She-she wanted her dead. She wanted you to suffer in prison. She went as far as to hire that investigation and interrogation officer to make that happen. But luckily they failed"