Bank Robbery

I leaped across the buildings silently. I perch myself on the corner of an office building. It was daytime, many people are crowding the sidewalks trying to get to their destinations. Same with the roads. I cast a critical eye at the bank across from me. I sat there motionless for an hour, i had 'overheard' a phone call between two men. They were planning on robbing the bank so i decided to catch them in the act.

Suddently the bank alarm went off and a group of men wearing masks came out with bags full of, what i expected to be, money. People were running around screaming like idiots, typical.I quietly drop into the alley next to me and put an arrow on my bow and turned on my voice modulator. I step out of the shadows,

"Kings Ranger! Drop your weapons!"

My voice was slightly more masculine, I mean, no one would listen to a feminine voice. One man reached for his gun, I quickly sighted and drew my arrow, i shot him in the space of a heartbeat. My arrow pierces his left calf, I never shoot to kill. He dropped to the ground in pain while his companions shot at me. I tumble under the bullets and end up in a kneeling position, I fire off two shots in rapid succession. Two more men went down. Out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the last two men shoot at me. I drop my bow and draw my saxe, I easily deflect the bullet and it bounced off not even leaving a dent. I send my saxe spinning in a overhand throw, my aim was true, I struck the man in his shoulder. He fell to the ground, grasping his shoulder in pain. I heard a final shot being fired, I draw my throwing knife and send it off in the direction of the shot, I was a second too late. The bullet pierced my side I double over in pain, holding my hand against my side. The man who shot me went down, i had thrown the knife so it would hit him hilt first in the head. He was clearly unconscious. I look around, no more men were standing. All of them were weeping and holding their wounds.

Swearing under my breath, I grab my medical kit from inside my quiver. I locate the gauze and wrap it around my torso. I grit my teeth in pain, 'motherfooker shot me!' I drop my tunic back over my wound and grab some rope from the bottom of my quiver. I gather the men into a circle, recovering my arrows, saxe and throwing knife in the process. I hear the sounds of sirens and grimace. I glare at the men from under my cowl.

"The police will deal with you"

One of the men gives a wimper, "Please sir my leg hurts offely bad."

I turn away, "What do you expect, I just shot you in the leg. Did you think it would tickle?"

With that I retrieve my bow and disappear, back into the shadows. I limp my way through the alley and climb up a ladder. I end up back on the building I was on previously. God! It hurt to move! I removed my voice modulator and clicked a button on it. It shrank to a manageable size and i put it in my breast pocket. I take a deep breath and run across the roof and jump onto the next. I tumble on impact

"JESUS!", I yell. That hurt like a motherfooker! I slowly stand. "Great, just great" I murmur under my breath.

Somehow i make it back 'home'. I had built a little hangover on top of a random building. Inside was a small cot, desk, and my machines and crap. I collapes onto the bed with a sigh of relief, and slowly fall asleep.