6

you cannot leave
and have me too
I cannot exist in
two places at once
-when you ask if we can still be friends

-rupi kaur

-

Winter break was finally over. It was so nice being able to sleep in and not have a care in the world for three weeks. I sat around the house all day and didn't change out of my pajamas until I showered that night.

Well, I was basically carless now. Well, not really but it felt like it. I felt embarrassed to drive my wrecked car around. It wasn't even my fault, why should I have to drive a crashed car around town, that I didn't even do.

Totally unfair.

But I am forever grateful I still have a car and that I got out of it with no injuries.

The other day while I was at school, I had driven my car. I tried to be the first one out of the building to reduce the risk of not being seen driving it.

Yet, I wasn't fast enough. Once I walked out there were two boys standing by it looking at it and laughing at it.

I know I shouldn't care, it wasn't my fault. But I still felt embarrassed to still be seen driving it around.

So I decided I would just let my mom take me to school in the morning and get a ride home from a friend after school. I only had four days left until my car was able to get fixed.

I would have to drive my mother's Jeep until I got it back. Then she would get a rental until my car was fixed.

We had taken it up to the wreck place where they gave us an estimate of how much the damage would cost. It had come up to over $4000 dollars. Which was insane since I had been stopped.

It basically cost more than the car was worth, yet they didn't total it since it was cosmetic damages.

Cosmetic damages that totaled over four grand. Absolutely insane.

Ellie told me she could take me home for the rest of the week, I'm so thankful for her for saving me from total humiliation.

Ellie and I weren't very close, but we had hung out a few times outside of school so we were friends. We shared most of the same friends as well.

Once the bell rang I went to find her so we could leave. As I walked out towards the entrance, I saw her leaned up against a pole waiting for me.

"Hey!" I greeted her, kindly.

She smiled at me, "Ready to go?" She swirled her keys around her finger.

I nodded and we walked to her car. As we were walking we passed Liam and she screams his name and says hi. I literally want to crawl in a hole and die of embarrassment.

"So how are you two?" She immediately asks as I get in her car.

"W-what do you mean?" I stutter utterly and completely confused.

She rolls her eyes, "You and Liam?"

I snorted, "Yeah, nothing has happened."

She groans, "Ugh! Liam! Come on."

"Why are you asking me this?" I ask curiously.

"He likes you." She bluntly said.

I could feel my cheeks start to burn a slight red, "How do you know that?"

"Because I asked him and he told me he thought you were cute." She told me like it was no big deal.

"Holy shit! Really?" My cheeks burned a bright red, I probably looked like a tomato. Anthea, calm yourself. You and Liam are way too different.