Hudson- Cancer Fighter

I was inspired to write this short story after reading The Fault in Our Stars, which I really enjoyed. It was very good, words can't explain how I felt, but I can tell you this, it made me cry, laugh, and made me want to read more. It moved me in so many ways that I just loved it so much. It's the only book, to be honest, that I actually cried in a lot. Augustus and Hazel were different, but understood each other at the same time. Anyways, this short story is about a guy Hudson who has cancer. That's all I can say for now. All you got to do is read this short story and find out about him and his battle. And also (of course) you, one of the main characters. May I warn you, tears may be shed. ~ Candy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Hudson's POV*

Sometimes I just don't want to be here. I want to be far far away and not cause anyone pain and suffering, but the universe must be cruel to me. Huh, I will never understand why it's so cruel while we, humans, are so fragile and delicate. Stupid us, well actually me, for believing I will be okay.
I got up from my bed as I finished writing in my notebook. I tossed it on my bed and walked out of my room. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the house. I headed to the direction of the park, not to far away. I sighed slowly as I felt myself lacking energy. I stopped for a few minutes, then continued walking to the park after gaining some energy.
*Your POV*
I tossed my pillow at the door after arguing with my mom. (Y/N) live your life. (Y/N) go on dates. (Y/N) this. (Y/N) that. When will she get it through her thick head that I'm not normal. I'm a girl who has to go to chemo therapy every day. A girl who gets sympathy from others. A girl who can't live a normal teenage life, but to just worry about her cancer every damn time. I shook my head and decided to go out to the park. I grabbed my jacket and put it on. Maybe this time I'll get something out of this short trip, I thought to myself as walked out of my house. I clutched my jacket and started walking down the street to the park. I took in the colors of the summer time. I sighed as I looked down at the ground. Remembering those times when I was little girl and had no worries. As I walked I couldn't help but notice a guy...crying? I got closer and saw him, as I guessed, crying into his hands,under a tree. I being me, sat next to him, quiet and still until he stopped crying. I heard his crying turning into sobs until it was just a quiet sniffle.
"Are you okay?" I asked, as I looked straight as the park, not glancing at him. I felt him shift a little.
"I-I'm...fine." He whispered. I snorted and looked at him.
"Of course not. How could I been stupid to ask you if you're fine. Stupid me. What's wrong?" I said, as I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my jacket.
*Hudson's POV*
I stared at the girl upon me, and finally decided to answer.
"I've been bringing suffering to my family and other loved ones. I just wish I could change it. Wishing that I could fix every broken thing I have caused. Why of all people did it have to be me? I always have to ask myself, but as always never have an answer to my question. I've been hoping to fix everything, but my results are always the same," I said.
"I understand. Why, if I may ask, do you say that you bring suffering to your family and loved ones?" She asked. I stood quiet for a minute.
"I have cancer." I finally said. She looked at me.
"I do too," she said, softly. I looked into her eyes and caught a sign of pain in them.
"That's why I came here. To get away from my problems for a while." She said, turning around, looking at the kids playing, but obviously not paying attention to them, but to her thoughts.
"Understandable." I said, as I looked down at my hands.
*Your POV*
After a few minutes of silence, I got up and reached my hand out to the guy.
"Come, let's go somewhere I want to show you," I said. He took my hand and got up.
"My name is Hudson, by the way." He said. I nodded.
"My name is (Y/N)."
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I walked inside my house, slipping in carefully to not wake my parents up. I smiled as I remembered the events from today. After showing 'my place' we decided to go get some ice cream and talk for a while. I crept upstairs and went inside my bedroom.
June 2, 2014
Dear Notebook,
Today I was stressed out, but tried to keep calm as my doctor tells me to do. Me and my mom, once again, got in an argument. I try telling her I'm not normal, but she never listens. After the argument, I went out for a walk at the park. I met a new person. We clicked immediately, after talking for a while. His name is Hudson, and I think he's a very sweet guy. Both of us have cancer, which makes us have something in common and understand each others feelings. Well, that's all for now.
Sincerely the owner,
(Y/N)
I turned my lights out and went to sleep, after I took my medicine.
~•~•~•~
"No not really." I said, laughing. Hudson laughed and held my hand.
"So you never actually pranked anyone, ever." Hudson said, as he grabbed a slice of pizza. I shook my head and crossed my legs. He grinned and latex back. I smiled as I took in his features. Ever since I started hanging out with Hudson, everything has changed. My mom is glad I'm leaving the house to hang out with Hudson. I was glad she stopped convincing me to go out more.
"Have you had your first kiss?" Hudson asked, out of the blue. I blushed scarlet and nodded my head slightly. Hudson nodded and looked down.
"Have you?" I asked, as I looked at him curiously.
"Um..no." He said softly. I nodded and let my gaze fall onto his lips. Who wouldn't like to kiss him? He's such a wonderful guy. I blushed as I processed my thoughts over.
"Are you okay?" I heard Hudson ask.
"Yeah, I was just thinking," I said. He nodded.
"About what?" He asked.
"N-Nothing." I stuttered.
"(Y/N)? Tell me." Hudson said as he looked deeply into my eyes. I broke my gaze away from his and shook my head.
"It's nothing, really." I said, and looked at the tv, hoping he wouldn't ask me anymore. I heard him sigh softly.

*Hudson's POV; few days later*
I breathed heavily as I grasped (Y/N)'s hand.
"I love you." I said, and kissed her softly and gently. She kissed me back as I felt her tears run down my cheek.
"I love you too." She choked out as she held my hand firmly. I smiled and kissed her hand. I looked up at the stars above us.
"Beautiful," I whispered out.
"Very beautiful." (Y/N) said softly. I felt a sharp pain at my heart. I whimpered and looked at (Y/N) as she held her stomach.
"(Y/N) I love you. Never forget that. I know we should be calling the hospital because we're in pain, but there's no possible way to do so. I love you so much. Ever since we started hanging out, you were always on my mind. The way your eyes shine when you get excited. The way you always smiled when I compliment you or just felt happy. The way your soft lips are against mine. You're just so darn amazing I always feared you will leave me for another guy. But now I see you will never leave me, as you always tell me. (Y/N) thank you for being here for me. Thank you for being my first love. I will forever and always love you. You're my angel. My savior. I love you," I said in between coughs. (Y/N) had tears brimming her eyes and she let them fall. I brushed them away gently and held her in my arms.
"I love you so much, Hudson. You were always number one in my heart." She said, as I saw blood trickling down her beautiful face. I heard her whimper in pain as she squeezed my hand. I kissed her softly as I saw her eyes drooping.
"Goodbye my Angel. I'll see you there." I whispered as I let a tear escape. Heat radiated everywhere from the fire around us. I smiled as I remembered everything between me and (Y/N).
I heard sirens coming our way but I ignored them. I held (Y/N) tightly and looked down at her. Black engulfed me and I felt my body shutting off. My body went limp. I smiled faintly and the last thing I heard were people shouting.
~•~•~•~
*Last note;Same day of the accident*
December 13, 2014
Dear Notebook,
Today me and Hudson are going on a date. I can't wait! I hope it goes great, which I know it will. Hudson always knows how to make me feel special. I love him so much. I remember when he asked me to be his girlfriend when I was in chemo therapy. Of course I said yes and kissed him. Ever since then, we were inseparable. We would always support each other when we would go into surgery because of our cancer. My parents loved him and were always inviting him over for dinner along with his family. Both our parents would always smile when we would support each other after surgery. He's the best thing that's happened to me, and I will always love him. I will never let my sickness get in the way of our love. Well, I have to go. Hudson's here. I can't wait to see what he came up to.
"I may not feel like a normal person, but somewhere out there someone thinks I am."
Sincerely the owner,
(Y/N)

The end
~•~•~•~~•~
So what do you guys think? One question I'm longing to ask, should I make a story out of this? Or not? Leave me a comment or a pm if I should. Thanks! This is the first time I wrote a tragic short story. I hope you like it. ~ Candy