Chapter 18: Dress/Tuxedo

When me and Eric decided to let Dina plan our wedding we had no idea she would go all bride-zilla on us. She even had a problem with the wedding colors I picked out: navy blue and black. The wedding was three months away and Dina was planning all this crazy unnecessary shit. I get it's my special day for me, but there are some things I don't want to go down at this wedding. 

As I walked out of Ruthless I ran into Eric in the lobby. I don't know if I'm more excited than he is but knowing how we both are I'm pretty sure we're on the same page.

"Hey future husband," I said kissing his cheek.

"Hey future wife," he said hugging me. "Where are you coming from?"

"Bone Thugs-N-Harmony wanted me to help them with their new song for their next album. Where were you?"

"Dropped my kids off. They are all excited about us."

"Aw."

"Their mother's threw a fit though."

"Eh."

He chuckled and kissed me.

"Let's go home."

The next day Dina came by again, only this time it was unexpectedly. More wedding talk. It was all blah blah flowers, blah blah music, blah this and that.

"For the last time we are getting a DJ, not a live band," I said.

"Fine," she said writing in her little plan book. "Okay next thing we need to discuss is what you are wearing. Now Tamera don't freak out, okay?"

"Um okay."

"You have to wear a dress."

Eric started busting out laughing, my jaw dropped at what she said.

"No fucking way!" I exclaimed.

"And Eric," she said. "You have to wear a tux."

I started busting out laughing and his jaw dropped.

"No fucking way!" He exclaimed.

"Guys, this is your wedding. You two are the bride and groom."

"Girl you already doing too much with this damn thing."

"Excuse you? This just isn't some 'thing' Eric. It's the happiest day of your lives."

"Dina for real, chill out with this," I said.

"I'll take it down a notch. But you guys still have to wear the dress and the tuxedo."

We looked at each other then sighed. 

"Fine," Eric said.

"Great! E can go shopping his boys and T can shop with me. Ooh, I love that: E and T."

She left out the door. 

"Haha you have to wear a tux," I teased Eric.

"Haha you have to wear a dress," he teased back.

"So? You'll be all dressed up too."

"Yeah but I won't be the one in high heels, bouquet of roses and glitter in your hair."

"That's how you picture me?"

"Walking down that aisle, yeah."

"Well I don't know about the glitter, or the high heels."

"You know damn well Dina is gonna make you wear heels."

"And you know damn well I don't listen to other motherfuckers."