Chapter Fourteen: Prepared

Yamanaka's POV :
The lab was like a desert. The only living thing who was breathing and standing there was me.

Four days...

I didn't sleep for ninety six hours. Jimin...my dear son...I'll take my revenge for you.

As I poured a medicine in a flask, that day popped in my mind. That flash back...

"I'm sorry Sir...he's not breathing, and his heartbeat stopped."
"No! I want Jimin back! You'll get him back!"

Jimin...

Jimin layed there...in a pool of blood in that messy house that was full of broken wood and shattered glass.

Remembering it was like getting stabbed in the back...

As I kneeled towards Jimin's head, I ran my fingers through his blood-stained hair. I turned my head in pain towards Jimin's headless body.

That demon girl...

"Jimin...I promise...I'LL TAKE MY REVENGE FOR YOU!"

A few days later, I headed to that house again.

I rummaged through everything in the house and I found a portrait of three people : a man, a woman and a little girl. Back then, when the accident happened, the police found the weapon that was used when killing Jimin. It had fingerprints that belonged to a girl.

I'll kill her...

I took the chance and I decided to look for that girl everywhere in Tokyo.

I didn't want to think about it any further.

Sarutobi Satchi...

I finally found her.

I sucked the medicine in the flask with a syringe.

Although Jimin was a ghoul, I still loved him because of who he was. I never judged him like the others.

Jimin was a ghoul because of Jisoo---my wife. She was a ghoul as well, and she got killed because of that stupid CCG. I wanted to kill them all.

I dug the needle of the syringe into my arm as I pressed.

"Agh!"

Abruptly, I was out of breath, my heartbeat went faster and faster, I fell to my knees. Pain gushed through me...in every inch of my body. I endured it...just for Jimin's sake.

I suddenly felt something...something that was tearing through the flesh of my back.

"AAAAAAAAGH!"

The pain was unbearable, but I had to do it for Jimin's sake.

Panting heavily, I tried getting up, and I succeeded. The pain started fading away gradually.

I carried my numb legs and walked towards the mirror facing me.

I couldn't believe what I saw.

I couldn't believe I actually did it.

I couldn't believe that I changed.

I couldn't believe that I became one of them.

Bright green kagune were scattered out of my back, flailing right and left, up and down. Everywhere.

With that, I was no longer a human, and I was ready to finish her off.

I would not hesitate.

Never.

I would not hesitate in tearing up her flesh.

I would do anything to erase her from this world.

I would do anything to please Jimin.

Jimin. My darling...

Kaneki's POV :
"Oh," Kat breathed out. The library was flooded with silence and books.

"Yes. He was the one who killed Satchi-Chan's mother. You see this pic? It's Jimin. His head was chopped off with a knife. The policeman said that he was found in the house that belonged to the Sarutobi family. As I told you before, Satchi-Chan's mother got killed by Jimin, and Jimin got killed by Satchi-Chan. That's why..." I explained.

Kat stared at me worryingly. I took a deep breath.

"Doctor Yamanaka is planning to kill Satchi-Chan." I continued.

Kat shook her head in disbelief.

"No."
"Yes."
"Kaneki...what should we do?"
"Don't worry, that bastard won't lay a finger on Satchi-Chan. Not when I'm here."

The flashback of what happened stormed into my brain out of thin air...

"M-my mother g-got killed b-by a ghoul!"

So this was what happened back then...

Jimin was that ghoul.

"Kaneki."

Kat's voice made me arrive to reality again.

"What is it?"
"Why was Jimin doing all this?"
"Well..."

Jimin used to be like me : he hated eating flesh.

"He had a severe breakdown that drove him crazy and made him intrude people's houses on rainy days because..." I stopped.

"Because?"

I sighed.

"Because his wife cheated on him...he loved her dearly and trusted her. He even told her about him being a ghoul and everything, but he got his breakdown after knowing it..."

"What happened next?"

"He knew this on a rainy day, then he got a breakdown and killed his wife horribly. He ate all her flesh including her blood and bones, and no one knew about it because he ate every single bit of her. Literally," I said.

Kat's hazel eyes glinted with fear.

"Since that day, and he always intruded people's houses on rainy days to kill women...all because he got a flashback of what happened to him that day, when he killed his wife."

Kat was jaw dropped.

"Somehow, Doctor Yamanaka found out about the one who killed his son---and now he wants to take his revenge," I stated.

Sighing hopelessly, Kat flipped a page of her Ghoul Book.

"Kaneki."
"What?"
"I don't want to lose my best friend."
"You won't. I promise."
"Thank you..."

We walked out of the library. I felt as if I won a spin in a lottery. The mystery was solved. I knew what was going to happen now, so I increased my pace into a sprint with Kat.

To the hospital.

Where Satchi-Chan was there.

And Doctor Yamanaka.

A fight was about to happen...

I'm coming, Satchi-Chan...