Chapter 3

A/N: Here's chapter three, thank you all for reading ❤

The next two classes were just the same as the first two. Boring, except for the fact that there was an extremely attractive new student named Jackson, sitting near me the entire time. People didn't stop approaching him, asking questions, but not once did they acknowledge my presence. They acted like I wasn't even there. Which was better than biology when people said all those rude things. Not that I wasn't used to it, it still sucked.

Everyone knows that the top dogs of the school don't like me, so in turn, they don't like me either. No one wants to get on their bad side, and most people don't even question them. They can't do anything wrong.

How I got onto their bad side? I really don't know. They haven't liked me since I moved here last year.

I prayed they might have moved or that I could move again during the summer, but I didn't see either of those things happening soon.

"I'm hungry. Where's the cafeteria?" Jackson asked, making me jump in surprise. I forgot he was there. I guess I'm just not used to someone being beside me and I don't think I'm going to get used to it either.

"It's this way," I answer and pointed in the direction of the cafeteria before heading in that direction, leading Jackson.

"What's their best dish? Do you even eat cafeteria food or do you bring your own?" He started up with his questions again.

"I don't think I've ever met someone that asks so many questions," I say and shake my head at him. It's true though, I'm not annoyed, just surprised. He doesn't seem like a curious person, but he is. I shouldn't judge appearances though.

"I just like to know things and you need questions to get answers. Just tell me to shut up if you find it annoying," Jackson said with a shrug and the guilt hit me hard in the chest.

"It's not annoying. I just don't usually talk to people so I'm not used to it. I'm sorry," I apologize quietly. The last thing I wanted to do is make him feel like he is being annoying, he's not.

"Is this- "Jackson began to ask but was cut off by someone else.

"Hey, Phoenix, it's time to spend some time with your friends, we miss you," The voice came from behind me, but I knew it was Nick.

"You got your buddy to the lunchroom, I'm sure he can figure it out from here. You can pick him up later." Blythe then said and I turned around to see the two standing beside each other.

I wanted to tell them no since I was supposed to stay with Jackson... I couldn't bring myself to do it though. If I said no, they would probably kill me.

"Okay..." I said quietly before giving Jackson an apologetic glance. He looked a little confused and slightly offended that I had agreed to leave. "I'm sorry."

Without a chance to hear him respond, I was pulled away with Nick and his friends down the hall, away from the cafeteria. I didn't have to ask where we were going, I already knew.

My heart began to race in my chest as I walked, well, was dragged through the back doors of the school by Blythe as he and his friends followed behind then soon surrounded me once the doors were closed.

I went to apologize, just so maybe they wouldn't be so brutal this time. But before I could get out a word, the air was suddenly knocked out of me whenever my back met the hard brick wall behind me.

"You think just because you got some big guy beside you, you can skip out on your daily punishment?" Nick spat in my face while gripping into the collar of my shirt, pinning me to the wall.