Chapter 10

A/N: As promised, here's chapter 10. Have a wonderful day and thank you for reading 💕

What did I just do!? He saw me! I can't believe I freaked out like that!

I screamed in my head while struggling to keep Jackson's limp body from collapsing to the ground. He's a lot bigger than me and holding him up with my noodle arms isn't going to last very long.

Very slowly I lowered his body down to the ground, my arms shaking from trying to keep his weight from dropping straight to the ground. But my muscles failed me and Jackson slipped out of my grip. I winced whenever he hit the dirt with a small thump.

Ah! I dropped him!

I immediately crouched down beside him and checked out his head for any wounds, but there were no bumps or scratches. I sighed in relief and examined over his body again just to make sure he wasn't burned anywhere. I just meant to knock him out, that doesn't mean it couldn't hurt him though.

I knocked him out!

I began to panic again, realizing what I had just done... For the second time. What was I supposed to do? He saw me, he saw the one thing about me that he wasn't supposed to. No one was supposed to. I glanced around the area just to be sure that no one else was around.

What if he wasn't the only one who saw? Was he here alone? I sure hope he was, this would be an even bigger mess. Wait, what am I supposed to do about him?
I looked down at Jackson who was laying on his stomach, out cold.

I should probably move him...

How? He's huge and what should I do with him when he wakes up? Should I just leave and hope he thinks this was a dream? No, he doesn't seem like the type of person to just conclude this too a dream. I shouldn't take that kind of risk. It's too dangerous.

I groaned and cover my face with my hands. I'm in so much trouble. What am I going to do?

~~

Two hours later, we had only moved ten feet. Well, more like I could only drag Jackson ten feet away from the small creek and to the nearest tree so I could sit him up against something.

He still hadn't woken up and I started to worry about when he would. It'll get dark soon and getting out of here in the dark is nearly impossible.  Unless I used the only sort of light I had on me, but I am not making that mistake again. Besides, it would attract a lot of unwanted guests.

At the same time, though, I don't know if I want him to wake up yet. I've had plenty of time to come up with something, anything, to tell Jackson, but it all resulted in the same thing. Nothing. I had no excuse. I'm a terrible liar.

I know I should have a backup excuse in case I ever got caught, but to be honest, I never thought I would get caught. Yet, here I am. What will my mother think if she finds out?

No, she won't find out. I won't let her. I'll just have to figure it out, somehow...

"Mm," Someone groaned and I jumped, looking over to Jackson who began to stir. His eyes fluttered open and he looked around with his eyebrows knitted together. "Where am I?" Jackson questioned then his eyes fell on me.

I stayed where I was, not moving a muscle, too afraid to move. What if he attacks me? I can't knock him out again.

"A-Are you alright?" I asked warily. He blinked a few times, just staring at me.

"Right, I went on a walk, and then I saw you..." He trailed off and his eyes looked down at my hands that were resting in my lap. I tried my hardest to stay still under his gaze, but it was hard and I started to fidget with my fingers. "What was that?"