Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

He hesitantly took the clipboard, his hand hovered over the yes box for an autopsy.

"Bitch you better not" I said. I knew he couldn't hear me, but it was worth the shot.

After a few seconds of contemplation, his thoughts got the better of him and he quickly moved to the other side of the page and checked no, then signed at the bottom.

"Thank you" he mumbled and handed the woman the clipboard and began to walk out, but then he stopped.

"Can I see her one more time?"

She hummed a yes and pulled the sheet off my face.

My lips had turned blue, and my skin was as white as snow.

Zak took in a deep shaky breath and kissed my forehead. I didn't feel it this time.

He quickly covered my face with the covers and hastily left the room. I didn't follow him out, I just stood and stared at my body.

I never thought I would ever experience any of this, but who would? It was quite mind blowing realizing that right in front of me was my dead body.

I guess Jeff really did finish the job. At least he's dead too and can't cause harm to anyone else.

Looking down at my body caused me to release more emotions than I realized.

"YOU IDIOT!" I yelled as I slammed my ghost hand onto my body. Nothing happened obviously, I didn't even feel it.

"You were supposed to live, why did you die?" my eyes swelled. "You were so happy" I sobbed. "Now I'm stuck here forever"

*******************************

I wandered through the hallways in attempt to collect my thoughts. By the time I had made my way back to my room, it was empty. The bed was returned and had been remade, and any indication that I had died was gone, including my dad.

He was gone. He probably went home and had no idea that I was stuck here.

I slapped myself on the forehead in annoyance.

"There is no way I'm staying dead" I mumbled to myself.

I went to the morgue right away. There, I found my body in the exact same place I left it.

I went to pull the sheet off my body, but then I remembered I was dead, so nothing happened.

"Fuck me" I whispered. I continuously tried to remove the sheets off, but still nothing.

I grumbled in defeat. "How does every other ghost know how to move shit, but when I die, nothing happens" I yelled.

"You aren't strong enough" a voice said from behind me.

I jumped in fright.

Aren't I supposed to be the one doing the scaring?

When I looked behind me, there was Danny. She was leaning against the doorframe with her arms crossed.

"Danny!" I smiled, but she didn't return one.

"Why are you here?" she said angrily.

I looked down in shame. "I didn't even get a chance; I died seconds after I came back"

She looked at me with a confused expression. "Charlie you idiot. You're not dead yet"

I looked at her in shock. "Uh, yea I am" I stepped aside and showed her my body which was lay lifeless on the metal table behind us.

She was still looking confused. "This isn't right" she mumbled. Then she looked up at me from my body.

"When I came down here, your heart was still beating. That's why I'm here. I came here to ask why you hadn't gone into your body yet"

I looked at the clock that hung on the wall across from us. "Well how long did it take you to come down here? Because I've been dead for at least six hours"

She was looking extra confused now. Then she put her hand on my body and placed it on my heart.

"Come here" she said. "Put your hand on your chest and feel"

Once I did, I felt a very, very shallow beat pulse through my soul.

I took my hand off my body. "But, I died...How am I alive?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "I have no idea. But you need to find out how to get yourself" She motioned to me "back in there" she motioned to my not-so dead body. "Or you really will be dead"

She started to walk away.

"Hold on. How in the hell am I going to do that?"

She shrugged again. "I have no idea" and then she vanished.

"What the fuck am I going to do now" I stared at my body.