Like it doesn't exist

I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night, feel my tears as they dry

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier’

I felt fantastic! I haven’t felt so happy ages. The music poured out of the stereo into my veins. Music is like my blood. I felt like I’m flying when I dance.

‘And I'm holding on for dear life, won't look down won't open my eyes

Keep my glass full until morning light, 'cause I'm just holding on for tonight

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life, won't look down won't open my eyes

Keep my glass full until morning light, 'cause I'm just holding on for tonight

On for tonight’

I finished with standing on one foot leaning forward with one leg up making it look like a standing up split. Yes I can do the splits. I had a giant smile plastered on my face.

“Holy shit… you never told me you knew how to dance!”

I panicked and fell. I looked down in embarrassment. “Kai… but school doesn’t end till-“ I cut myself off when I looked at the time. Oh. He was due back. He looked at me with amusement. “Do it again.” He confirmed when he threw his bag near the door. He pulled of his jumper leaving him in a black singlet and cargo shorts.

“N-n-no,” I stuttered. I don’t dance in front of anyone except Luke. Final. “Come on…” he begged but then he grinned and walked up to me and stretched his hands. I panicked and then he started tickling me. “N-n-ooo stop,” I said in between giggles. “I won’t stop until you say yes.” He exclaimed. I was dying. You could die from laughing too hard right?

“OK!” I breathed out when he finally stopped. I quickly added. “Under one condition Kiki.” I added the last bit for effect. “And what’s this condition?”

“You have to teach me how to breakdance. Deal?”

“Deal.”

I did a victory dance, “YESS!!!”

Kai just chuckled and shook his head.

“Okay now dance to this,” he turned the stereo on and put up the volume. ‘I need your love’ by Ellie Goulding came on. Ha! I haven’t danced to this in ages. Even better it was Dub step.

“Is this too Dubby for you do you even know how-“ I cut him off when I started dancing. I knew how to dance hip-hop and I knew a fair lot of dub step. I started with tutting I’ve been learning how to tut since I was nine when Luke showed me this awesome video. I kind of got hooked. I could never master the whole leg dub stepping but I knew a few.

The most I knew tho was with my arms and my upper body in general so I showed him, moving my arms around like a wave and when the song ended I did a really fast backflip handstand that I finally perfected after Luke left. So he never saw it.

I smirked at his dropped jaw. “You might want to close that. You wouldn’t want to swallow a fly.” He just closed and opened his mouth like a fish out of water. I’ve never showed this to anyone but Luke. It felt good to do it again I’ve never really done a full routine in like almost two years. So I still had it in me.

But when it came to break dancing I saw one video and I’m like too hard. End of story.

“Tha-that was AWESOMEE!!!” he grinned. I smiled back. “WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!” Okay now he was over doing it.