Unfortunately... Grace added in her mind. It's not like she couldn't stand Hayley at all, but Grace had a problem with the way she behaved towards Elijah. She was selfish to the ends and it annoyed the vampire heavily. Adding to that, she still stood in between Grace and Elijah in a way. Grace still felt like second choice because of her. But she could still see the sweet, wild thing she met at the Miss Mystic Falls celebration. 

In the mean time, Josephine told them the story of Eva Sinclair, the witch that Rebekah body jumped into. When she explained that she needed kids to complete this creepy ritual, they knew why Eva went after Hope this morning. Of course, the little one was probably the strongest witch this city has ever seen. 

"...That is why, Mr. Mikaelson, I can't extend your 24 hours. Eva Sinclair now has a bounty on her head." 

Grace and Elijah jumped to their feet simultaneously and walked towards the witch intimidatingly. 

"Are you freakin' serious?!" 

"You would condemn my sister to her death?"

They both growled at her, deadly anger radiating off them. If there was one thing these two agreed on, it was the importance of having their family protected. 

"I don't like the term collateral damage...but there it is." 

This woman had no clue who she was going up against. 

"Who do you think you are? If your guys cause any harm to Rebekah, we'll murder you all in cold blood." 

She towered over Josephine, who replied to Grace's furious glare with patient eyes and a light smile. The young vampire felt her fangs lengthen, just her respect for Elijah kept her from ripping this woman to shreds. No one would dare to risk Rebekah's live that easily and get away with it. 

"We came here to honor our alliance. No more. Come, Grace, this refusal will cause payback from our side, but right now we're wasting our time." 

Hayley and Gia too jumped to their feet and the baby vampire looked like she wanted to drag Grace away, but she shot Gia a death glare that made her back off immediately. 

"Don't you dare walk into my home and threaten me. It's not us who need you, Mr. Mikaelson. You need us." 

"Oh, you'll need plenty help to put your corpse back together when I'm done with you." 

Suddenly, she had Josephine's attention back on her. The witch placed a hand on her shoulder and Grace immediately wanted to shrug it off, but the elderly woman started speaking before she could react.

"Sweet Grace, you're so strong and brave. You do everything to protect this wretched family and still, they'll be your downfall. I see you lonely, wandering around without a home. Remember my words when the crown on your head falls. I recommend you find your way back to yourself before this darkness consumes you whole." 

Her gaze wandered to Elijah when she spoke her last words, leaving Grace baffled. A shiver ran down her spine. This woman spoke about her greatest fear: being left alone again. She probably just read her carefully. No one could forecast the future. It just couldn't be. 

Elijah was between them within the blink of a second and protectively pushed her away from the witch. 

"Don't listen to such nonsense. Come, let's go." 

His voice was sharp. Josephine ignored him completely and just gave Grace a knowing smile before they all rushed out of the mansion. 

...

The whole mission was spiraling up and down and slowly every one was starting to go nuts. Nik disappeared somewhere with Freya. Vincent, or as Grace liked to put it Finncent, first appeared to be their ally, then shoved Marcel through a window and helped his ex-wife out of her anti-magic shackles, only to grow a conscious again and knock Eva out so they could finally go get Rebekah out of her psychopathic mind again.