Chapter 48

"We need to take out the vampire bitch first, I'm tired of her running around and giving orders like she owns us." 

Kim, the most temperamental of the hybrids conspiring against Klaus, spat. 

"Elijah's tailing her all day. How do you want to kill her if you have to get through an Original?" 

Another hybrid brought the justified objection. Tyler was slowly developing a headache as he felt that all this was getting out of control. It was a suicide mission, but his pack seemed willing to take the risk. 

"We need to separate her and then she's easy prey." 

Again this girl was standing up to Tyler's dominance. He spared a short look at Hayley, who bit her lip and looked conflicted. 

"Look, no one will kill Grace." 

Tyler stepped in front of Kim to intimate her. But she still didn't get the warning.

"Why, because she's your friend? Ty, they call her family. She helped Klaus making us all into slaves, she pushed us around for god's sake. Seriously, she deserves to die. It'll send a fitting message." 

The other hybrids nodded. 

"The plan is to take down Klaus, I don't care what Elijah and Grace do. I've got one of the daggers, we'll compel a human to dagger Elijah and we'll take Grace as leverage. That sends a fitting message, because it'll lure Klaus to wherever we wanna have him." 

They all knew that Tyler's plan was more possible to work. It still had its weak spots, like the huge possibility that Elijah would kill them all while trying to dagger him and of course there was a chance that they were to arrogant in general. Could they really take down Klaus? The man that countless enemies had tried to stop, but no one had succeeded. 

"This will fall back on you, Ty, believe me, but whatever you say. It's your call." 

Kim shrugged it off and walked off. The pack seemed to agree which meant that the plan would take place. If it would work that way was something that was open to interpretation.

...

"Another charity gala? Does this town have too much bored ladies or just too much money?" 

Nik stated nonchalant as he, Grace and Elijah stood in front of the town's square. It was all decorated with fake snow and Christmas decoration, which made it look quite pathetic. 

"A hint of both." 

Grace was used to these events, of course, she had grown up with them. But now that she was saw the nonsense of it even more, she started to get annoyed by dressing up every second day. 

"Society is the key for our race to live in peace and adapted. We should greet the people that welcomed us with open arms with a smile." 

Elijah's voice had gotten the tone of an old teacher that was scolding his pupils. But Grace could see that there was a hint of amusement in his eyes and she chuckled. 

"I prefer the method of torturing them if they do anything to annoy me." 

A dangerous smile appeared on Nik's lips as they walked between the groups of people that were attending the event. 

"Niklaus. Behave." 

Elijah said calmly and his brother shot him a glare, muttering something about the couple being way too similar for their own good. The hybrid then parted ways with them, Grace was sure he spotted Caroline in the crowd. Eventually she would've to tell him that he behaved like a stalker. But until then, it was quite cute to watch their game of cat and mouse.