THE BOYS FROM DISTRICT 1, 2 & 3

As Taehyung's machete touches Jin's sword something happens. It's the sound of someone running towards them.
"Run!!!!" the voice says.
They both turn towards the voice and then they see it.
Every dispute is quickly forgotten when they see the boy from District 3 followed by fire.

The Head Gamemaker commands to stop the fire. The people of Capitol don't want to see death by natural causes: it's incredibly boring and obvious. He's curious to know what's going to happen now that the tributes are together.

The fire dies out & Namjoon realizes the two in front of him are District 1 and 2. He takes a step back. He was hoping he didn't have to face any of them anytime soon as they're close to being psychopaths.
Jin and Taehyung move forward, as they make a silent agreement.

But Namjoon... He's smart. Hell. He's really smart. He looks behind him and notices the fire destroyed everything so he takes another way: the one at his right. He starts running and gets deeper in the forest as they both follow him, hysterically laughing. The Capitol is cheering

Namjoon follows the signs he left before as he starts to feel out of breath. He's been running for a while but at least he's not cold.
"You're just making it funnier to us!" says one of the tributes.
Namjoon's expression doesn't change.
The cicadas aren't singing anymore.

They don't see him jumping at some point. Especially Taehyung: rage is blinding him. He runs faster, eager to get his hands on his first prey but as he's getting closer to Namjoon, he steps on what looks like a blanket of leaves and suddenly falls into a hole in the grond.

Jin suddenly stops and looks down: the hole isn't even that deep and he could take this opportunity to kill the boy from District 1. As if Taehyung read his mind he lifts his hands up.
"Don't! I want the boy from District 5. I want to be the one who takes his life."

Jin sees the desperate look on the boy and he's impressed. He really could kill him right there and get the other guy but what would the Capitol think? He has to make it fun for them and the District 1 guy looks crazy enought to do it.
He nods and lends his hand.

Jin gets him out of the hole.
"You're from District 1 right? You guys are trained very hard there but you still managed to fall into a stupid trap. What does that say about you?"
He laughs and leaves him there, running after Namjoon.
Taehyung's fury only increases.

Namjoon disappeared. He found a little hiding spot between the trees and the darkness is helping him. He smiles when Jin runs right past him and stops, looking lost and frustrated. He kicks a plant and walks away, giving up.
Namjoon makes himself comfortable and calls it a night.

Hoseok's night is going smoothly. He's almost bored. His tools consist in a blowgun, a sleeping bag and a mosquitoes spray. He's content with them and used the sleeping bag as a blanket to keep himself warm. He's right next to a river and he sees fireflies.

The rest of the unfinished fish he caught is laying next to him

The rest of the unfinished fish he caught is laying next to him. He doesn't even know if that was an actual fish or not. Either way, it helped him stay on his feet and he's grateful.
The fireflies disappear as he hears footsteps coming from the other side of the river.

He gets up and hides, keeping his eyes on a small figure that rushes to get water. It's the boy from District 5.
Hoseok lifts his spear up and aims it at him: he's waiting for the moment the boy's chest is facing him.
He can hardly see but Hoseok's aiming skills never failed him.

The Head Gamemaker points at a Gamemaker.
"Prepare the cannon."
He's shaking with anticipation: the first level didn't even last a week as the majority of tributes got killed the first night.
"If no one dies tonight, the following days will be hell."

Hoseok is about to throw it when an eagle-owl distracts him by flying from a tree to another. He removes his gaze from the tribute but as soon as he looks back to check on him, he's gone.
Hoseok sighs annoyed and sits down.
He throws the spear anyway.
The eagle-owl falls, dead.

END OF THE FIRST DAY.

THE TRIBUTES ARE ASLEEP.

NUMBER OF VICTIMS: 0