Chapter Two

Chapter Two

When I wake up, I'm not in Theo's arms so he must already be awake. I snuggle into my pillow as Theo walks in without a shirt on, making me smile at how lucky I am.

"Hey baby, I need to talk to you about something", he says with a small smile but nervous eyes.

"Umm, is it good news or bad news?" I sit up and he chuckles, coming over to the bed and sitting down.

"Well, if your answer is yes, it's good news".

Oh my God.

"Are you proposing?" I merely mutter.

"No". He laughs with wide eyes. "Not yet anyway". Theo winks at me, making me smile and blush. Every day still feels like the first day we met. "Do you remember when we met, I told you I was just passing through this area?"

"Yes".

I'm not sure I want to know where he's going with this.

"Braelynn, I stayed in this area because I fell in love but I want to keep travelling around the world". What, he's leaving? "Will you come with me?" he asks with a smile.

"You want me to come?"

"Of course".

I don't know what to say to that. I love Theo but I have never been apart from my parents in my whole life. They are the most important people to me and I can't just run off.

"Theo". I grab his hand in both of mine. "My parents love their lives here and I can't leave them, I also can't ask them to come".

"Are you saying no?" Theo's voice is consumed with sadness.

"Theo, I love you more than I ever thought I could love someone, but I can't leave my parents, I can't", I end sadly. "Please stay here".

"I'm not going to stay here for the rest of my life. I want to go out and explore the world. Come on, Brae, it'll be amazing travelling with you".

"I know it's easy for you to come and go because you've been a lone wolf for so long, but my parents are all I have. Please don't make me choose between you and them".

"Please come with me, Brae". Theo has a pleading tone to his voice.

I crawl onto his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck and pressing my lips against his deeply.

"I love you". I lean my forehead against his. "But I can't. This is my home".

"I'm still going". Theo breaks my heart as he says this.

"Please don't".

I feel myself tear up.

"I love you, Brae. I'm leaving tonight, I hope you change your mind by then". He gently moves me off his lap.

"Theo", I call loudly as he walks to the door. He pauses and turns around as I stand up. "How dare you do this to me? You're just springing this on me out of nowhere".

"It's not out of nowhere. I've brought this up three times now. I even mentioned it a month ago and you brushed it off. You can't stay with your parents all your life. I'm asking you to start a life with me", he says frustratedly.

"What's wrong with having a life here?"

"There's nothing wrong with being here. But I have experienced everything this area has to offer".

"Where do you want to go?" I ask.

"Everywhere".

"Just stay here a bit longer and we can plan later on".