Tacenda

After opening the door to her bedroom, he was rather surprised. Not at the room itself, although it wasn't what he expected. But at the sight he was met with. A laid out futon with piles of blankets on top and then Natsuo sitting, reading what seemed to be a book on botany, on top of the bundle of blankets.

He wouldn't lie, he did expect a pink room filled with stuffed toys. That was his first thought when 'girl's room' came to mind. However, it wasn't all that surprising now that he knew the girl a little better. 

Her head spun to him sluggishly. Mukuro noticed a while ago that she was showing signs of tiredness, less of sickness. He supposed she would have met him tomorrow if not for him coming to her. It was pleasant to know she cared about her health enough to rest for a dedicated amount of time. 

She let out a small laugh as she realised the sight he was staring at. Popping her book down on the floor, she stood up with a clumsy smile. The redness on her face had completely ceased, it wouldn't have if he came in without a shirt. Thankfully he did just dress in his original clothes. It wasn't like she had anything to lend to him anyway. 

"There's no heating right now... so I was paranoid that you might get cold." She muttered an excuse, seemingly amused by her own actions. Knowing that she went a little overboard. 

Mukuro just sighed as a thin smile rose on his face as well. "I'm used to the cold, don't worry." 

Natsuo didn't seem to care about his last words, as the first thing she did was worry. Of course she would, he was an important existence to her. 

"But I wouldn't want for you to fall ill as well... Have you dried your hair?" She frowned, skipping over to him to check herself. Mukuro stared at her for a second before raising a hand to his hair, confirming that it was indeed wet. Towel drying wasn't much effective. 

"It's still wet. And I don't get sick easily." 

Natsuo did register that information in her mind, but her instinct was to care for every living creature. There's no way she'll let there be even a 1% chance of him getting sick. 

She did check for herself first, running her hand through the front of his hair. Unaware of his fond gaze. It wasn't wet per se, more damp. Still, it's best to dry it before sleeping. Peeking up at him, she told him she'd be back with a hair dryer. 

Before letting herself get manipulated by him into drying his hair for him. Her first impressions was far off his actual personality. Although he didn't show it much, he was a frighteningly manipulative and cruel person. Well, he was always kind around her. Occasionally the creepy shrewd side would emerge, but so far it's only been for tedious reasons. 

As far from tedious as showing his feelings was. He was a confusing person, so she wasn't even sure what was the truth anymore. She'd only seen and known the him around her. Not the him with his friends or enemies, even that 'Vongola' group he briefly mentioned. 

It was stupid, but she wanted to see every side of him. The bad and the good, and that way she'll be able to feel him deeper. She really doubted he had many good attributes though. Not that she wanted that to change, it'd be wrong to hate him because of it. Especially now that she's hanging onto every word he says. 

She hasn't seen him angry, sad, or annoyed. Well, he did speak in a very derogatory way however. All part of the charm she supposed. It seemed they both had different speaking habits, hers was formal and feminine, his was overbearing and demeaning. A rather peculiar pair. 

He never wanted the sensation of her fingers to leave his hair. Of course, there was a fair mixture of varying thoughts. He was getting better at controlling them, so they didn't last too long. Although, there was the underlying muse of wanting to tangle his own hands in her hair. The light ginger tresses that bobbed around as she walked. 

All in a dream, eventually he'll have it all. Patience was a virtue, and that virtue was worth waiting for.

Alas, he ended up jinxing himself. Her fingers left his hair, and the pleasant heat from the hairdryer as well. She stepped back to put the dryer and brush down on the desk, before turning back to him. Whom's eyes were already following her figure. 

Natsuo sent a kind look his way, then asked him, "Are you thirsty? Hungry? Do you need anything?" 

Mukuro leant against her bed with crossed arms, trying to act casual despite his whirring thoughts. 

"Nothing in particular." 

Absentmindedly letting out a quiet sigh, Natsuo sat by the pillow on the futon. Diagonally across from where Mukuro was sitting. He stared at her for a while before speaking up.

"You aren't going to sleep?" 

She grinned at him and that was all he needed to remember her previous words. This girl was seriously planning on staying up until he was tired. If she could even manage not falling asleep beforehand. He didn't need the company, appreciated it, but he wasn't used to it. But by this point, anything she does makes his heart squeeze. 

"I still want to know you better." 

Mukuro sighed again. Unintentionally looking a little uncomfortable. 

"What more is there to know." 

She laughed, successfully gaining his full attention and slight irritation. 

"I don't care about your past much, I mean now. Your habits, your friends, every little insignificant part of you." She explained, leaning forward on her hands. He could see the tiredness in her eyes, she seemed to be forcing herself to stay awake. As adorable as it was, he just wanted her to sleep. Not wait for his temperamental sleeping pattern. 

He scratched his cheek in thought. It wasn't something he usually thought about. He did mention his Kokuyo 'friends' vaguely during his storytelling, but only their names. Chrome did come up a little more than Ken and Chikusa, but even still he didn't focus on any of them in detail. 

She smiled meekly at his thoughtful expression, he seemed stuck on where to start. 

"Then first of all, your birthday."

Author's note:

Fast update because there's nothing for me to do, so I proofread apparently.