Chapter five

Cheryl’s POV

Today is the day that I’m supposed to be going riding with the boys at Tristan’s house, but I still haven’t heard anything from Brad. It was only morning so I decided I would wait it out. In the meantime I had to get ready for school. I pulled on a pair of black leggings with a huge oversized sweater along with brown combat boots and a scarf. I began to do my makeup, and my phone started buzzing, the caller I.D read “Brad (:”. I wonder why he’s calling

“Hello?”

“Hi Cheryl, good morning. How are you doing?”

“I’m fine, I was just getting ready for school. What’s going on?”

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to interrupt anything,” Brad said apologetically.

“Oh no, don’t worry. It’s fine, what’s going on Brad?”

“I just wanted to tell you that James ended up crashing at Tristan’s last night so I’m going to drive you to Tristan’s today.”

“You couldn't have texted me this, Bradley?” I said giggling.

“I suppose I could of, but I wanted to talk to you.”

“Alright Mr. Smooth talk, I’ll talk to you later. I have to finish my makeup.”

“ Cheryl, you don’t need that makeup. You’re gorgeous!”

“Goodbye, Bradley.”

“I’ll talk to you later, Cher,” he said with a laugh.

I finished my makeup and packed up my backpack for school. I began to make myself toast for breakfast seeing I had about 20 minutes before I had to leave for school. My hair was still down my back in waves, which was aggravating me at the moment so I decided to braid it to the side really quickly. I sat down at the kitchen table with orange juice and toast with some grape jelly spread on it. As I was crunching on my breakfast, my mom lazily made her way down the stairs to greet me.

“Morning, Muffin,” she greeted, sitting down next to me. That was another one of her names she calls me; my mum had a habit of calling me many things other than my actual name.

“Morning, Mum,” I replied, still a bit sleepy as I finished up my toast.

“I’m so glad you've made friends with the new neighbors, honey. I really am,” she said with a huge smile on her face. Oh Jesus, here she goes again with the boys thing.

“Actually, I've been meaning to ask you something. Is it alright if I take a mini roadtrip to Tristan’s? They want to go riding.”

“Yeah, that’s fine. Just be home before 11 alright?”

“Deal, we’ll I’ve got to head to school, but thanks Mum!”

“Have a good day hon, love you!”

“Love you too Mum, see you later.”

After that, I began to walk to school as I always did because I live a 10 minute walk away from the school, when my phone started buzzing. It was Brad again.

“Hey, what time do you get out today, love?’ I smiled, typing to respond to his question.

“I get out at about 2, but I probably won't be home until a few after that because I walk home.”

“That’s funny Cher, you think I'm going to let you walk home. I’ll pick you up at school,” he quickly responded. He’s so stubborn. I don’t need a ride, it’s really close so it’s not that bad.